Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Houston texas

Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
bigpat728 is on a distinguished road
bigpat728's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Houston texas

is there any meets for us tacoma lovers here in houston? i was on 610 and saw about 20 tacomas in the parking lot of a mall with people around them. is there a monthly meet?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
well there's a ton of tacoma forums out there. customtacos, TN, etc...u might check those as well. usually if we have a get together of people from here, its announced. not that we've ever had one on here yet...lol...lots of people have been working on it,
Old 08-31-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
is there any meets for us tacoma lovers here in houston? i was on 610 and saw about 20 tacomas in the parking lot of a mall with people around them. is there a monthly meet?
I think that was a TN (Toyota Nation) gathering. I was going to go, but I didn't make it out to Houston that weekend. I will be in Houston on Sunday to pick up some more furniture from my house in Cypress which is still for sale (any takers?).
Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
007: you're a mod here on TW, you're not allowed to go to other websites meets, tcBob said so.

Just out of curiosity what are you asking for your house and what are you realistically hoping to get? from your avatar pic it looks nice and looks like a nice neighborhood. I'm surprised your having such a hard time gettting rid of it
Old 08-31-2007, 09:07 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
007: you're a mod here on TW, you're not allowed to go to other websites meets, tcBob said so.

Just out of curiosity what are you asking for your house and what are you realistically hoping to get? from your avatar pic it looks nice and looks like a nice neighborhood. I'm surprised your having such a hard time gettting rid of it
We built the house last year. It was finished in September and we paid $168K then. It is appraised at $168K as well. We originally were asking $165K for it, but now we have dropped the price to $149,500 - I am using all of my savings and my 401K to get this house gone.

I love the house. It is much better than the house I have in San Antonio. The Houston house is perfect - 1,950 sq ft, 3 bed, 2 bath, master bath w/ separate shower and garden tub, master has dual walk-in closets, slate floor kitchen w/ black granite countertops, neutral colors throughout, fireplace, dual utility (natural gas + electricity) appliances, 2 car garage, and cathedral ceilings in 70% of the house.

It is just in the wrong city.

The Houston market is crashing due to over population of new homes and financing issues of foreclosures from deviant lending. I am getting the shaft - big end first.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really sorry to hear about that 007. I know you probably try not to think about this, but what happens if you dont sell the house soon? I'm not trying to get you down by asking but i am curious since i am soonly going to be in the market for a house. I have never bought or sold a house before so i am unsure how everything works and want to get all the details before i start to make a move
Old 08-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
I'm really sorry to hear about that 007. I know you probably try not to think about this, but what happens if you dont sell the house soon? I'm not trying to get you down by asking but i am curious since i am soonly going to be in the market for a house. I have never bought or sold a house before so i am unsure how everything works and want to get all the details before i start to make a move
We will just have to keep it on the market until it sells. There is literally nothing else that I can do short of go into foreclosure (which I do not feel is an option). I have a great neighbor that is watching the house for me, and we go back there every other weekend (including this weekend).

There are probably many other, more experienced, members of the forum that you could ask about buying and selling houses. I feel that I just know what not to do.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:25 AM   #8

nd's Tacoma Gallery
well i hope everything works out soon. You need as much money as possible so you can start modding the hell out of your truck
Old 08-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
well i hope everything works out soon. You need as much money as possible so you can start modding the hell out of your truck
and hallay jullah