Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Windows Tinted + Car alarm

Old 02-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
predental is on a distinguished road
predental's Tacoma Gallery
Windows Tinted + Car alarm

hey guys, i just got my new truck and i wanted to know more about window tinting and car alarms. did you guys just have the toyota factory do it for you? how much do they charge for both of this? or did you guys just go to shops that do them(are these reliable)?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
aftermarket on both = cheaper and better
Old 02-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
^^
what he said

so thats how your post count is so friggin high
Old 02-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have an alarm on my truck. I did have it tinted though by a local accessory shop. The tint they use is Sun-Gard. The product has a lifetime warranty and the install they did has a lifetime warranty. That made it seem like a reasonable purchase to me so I went ahead and did it. They did a great job too!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #7

window tint at dealer plus factory alarm = eleventy billion dollars.

window tint and alarm install for me (not a tacoma but more windows on this vehicle) = $450 with alarm, keyless start, 20% tint.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
itzdaREV is on a distinguished road

itzdaREV's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itzdaREV
15% tint + viper 5701 remote start = ~400. kinda pricey in my eyes but a lot cheaper than dealer and i think a lot better quality. the peepo that installed on my taco were perfectionist so it came out great
Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #9
predental is on a distinguished road
predental's Tacoma Gallery
hey thanks for the help. what do you mean by aftermarket?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #10
itzdaREV is on a distinguished road

itzdaREV's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itzdaREV
Parts made by an outside firm to replace OEM...pretty much anythin not toyota in our case
Old 02-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #12
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my windows tinted like 3 days ago and i got sun guard also. that stuff is really good and with the lifetime warranty you can take it to any sun guard retailer to have them fix it if somethings wrong with it. And i spent $100 for my access cab so it was worth it.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #13
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
i usally tint my own windows for about 60$ but with cad cut window tinting shops and the lifetime guarntee its probably easier to take to one of them for tint. I used to tint alot and the average price you can figure is about 20$-30$ a window and 50$ for a back window. A custom shop should be able to tint a DC for about 200$ or less depending on their prices. that's the price around my area but i'm not sure about you. Also a tint shop will go darker than the factory will on tint, just an FYI
I have no clue about alarms though.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #14
brockw22 is on a distinguished road
brockw22's Tacoma Gallery
5% tint was $160. i had a $500 viper alarm and didnt really find it useful. i think i used the remote start two time. that was on a 4runner i had, with the tacoma im just going to use the factory keyless entry.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockw22 View Post
5% tint was $160. i had a $500 viper alarm and didnt really find it useful. i think i used the remote start two time. that was on a 4runner i had, with the tacoma im just going to use the factory keyless entry.
at first it all seems great, but then....it loses its novelty and all you do is use it for lock and unlock.... However my insurance is less with an alarm.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #16
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Are you guys having the OE tint removed and all windows redone, or just the front?
Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #17

i just did the front windows at 20%. The difference is noticeable inside but not too bad looking in from the out. And if you're more then 10 feet away from the truck you cannot tell at all.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #18
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
so thats how your post count is so friggin high
love that smiley
Old 02-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #19
DNahas is on a distinguished road

DNahas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
Are you guys having the OE tint removed and all windows redone, or just the front?
The OE rear windows are not tinted, meaning they donít have any surface film on the window; the glass itself has been darkened. Nothing to remove. Dealer installed tint is a film added usually only to the front windows.

I am with everyone else, just bring it to a shop, Especially with gonzo6up. I have done tint in the days before they could just print your exact window pattern. It's not worth the effort and time for DIY. Getting a dealer to tint darker than leagal is almost as bad as pulling teeth.