Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got Sunroof?

View Poll Results: Do you have a sunroof in yo Taco?
Yes, power sun/moonroof, love it! 70 3.02%
Yes, manual sun/moonroof, love it! 33 1.42%
Yes, power sun/moonroof, but it leaks/is broken 2 0.09%
Yes, manual sun/moonroof, but it leaks/is broken 4 0.17%
No, but would have if it was factory/dealer option 942 40.66%
No, but would, if could find reasonably priced Aftermkt 476 20.54%
No, scared to cut a hole in the roof! 304 13.12%
No, I don't want a sunroof 486 20.98%
Voters: 2317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #281
Steve0ct is on a distinguished road
Steve0ct's Tacoma Gallery
Webasto 700

Hello,

I just had a Webasto 700 installed on my 2011 double cab. I really love it, but I am annoyed with the wind noise coming from the roof when it is closed. The noise is coming from the front of the sunroof.

Has anyone experienced wind noise while the sunroof is closed? The place that installed it is recommending an air deflector to minimize/eliminate the noise.

I'm wondering if there's some type of adjustment to the roof to close the gap to eliminate the wind noise.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 04-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #282
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0ct View Post
Hello,

I just had a Webasto 700 installed on my 2011 double cab. I really love it, but I am annoyed with the wind noise coming from the roof when it is closed. The noise is coming from the front of the sunroof.

Has anyone experienced wind noise while the sunroof is closed? The place that installed it is recommending an air deflector to minimize/eliminate the noise.

I'm wondering if there's some type of adjustment to the roof to close the gap to eliminate the wind noise.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
I have the inalfa and no wind noise when closed at all. I would look at it when its fully closed and make sure it is flush . Hopefully not an install snafoo.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #283
Steve0ct is on a distinguished road
Steve0ct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
I have the inalfa and no wind noise when closed at all. I would look at it when its fully closed and make sure it is flush . Hopefully not an install snafoo.
Thanks for the reply. I hope not either! The place is known to be very good. The Toyota dealer in the area uses them for all of their accessory installs.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #284
Jbbarrette is on a distinguished road
Jbbarrette's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
Mine:

I guess I missed it somewhere, but what brand is this sunroof?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #286
CWG is on a distinguished road

CWG's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. It's the Webasto Hollandia. I think the AC's get the 710, and the DC's get the 740. That's what an installer told me, so please take it with a grain of salt.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #287
AFZ is on a distinguished road
AFZ's Tacoma Gallery
I hate you all. Now there is more crap I want for my truck.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #289
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
i want a sunroof.. anyone get one with a rearseat roofmounted entertainment system?

I hate compromising... I want it all.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #290
SpruceJPG is on a distinguished road

Name: .JPG
SpruceJPG's Tacoma Gallery
A sunroof is the only thing I'm missing in my Tacoma. Well, that along with a 3in suspension lift, rock sliders... Damn this forum costs a lot to subscribe too!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #292
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbbarrette View Post
I guess I missed it somewhere, but what brand is this sunroof?
That's an Inalfa 925....I know because of extensive drooling over his build thread before I had the same one put in my truck. I've got lots of pics in my build thread.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #293
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
fuck it im t-topping my dc
Old 08-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #294
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
Do it. Don't forget the pics.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #295
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
T top Camaro's were the shit.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #296
taco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco duck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
taco duck's Tacoma Gallery
every aftermarket sunroof I ever had developed rattle noises. Drove me nuts while driving down the road. Never again.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #297
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tam View Post
Do it. Don't forget the pics.
^^^ this!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #298
Johnnycage is on a distinguished road

Johnnycage's Tacoma Gallery
The fact its rare to find a ride you can't tell has been in an accident is proof to not trust an after market company to do a quality job. How often do you find someone actually giving 120% at their job, every hour, of every day of their life? It doesn't happen!!
Old 09-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #300
double_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to all
double_b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaks View Post
Chandler's Auto Trim
231 S. 8th St.
Lemoyne Pa 17043
717-975-1957

They are located in what we call the "west shore" of Harrisburg. Just across the river from the city. It's off the beaten path in a back alley so mapquest or GPS.

I had knowledge of them previously and they were recommended by several dealers in the area. Contacted a few other installers here, but was less than pleased w/ their customer service so I went w/ Chandler's. They did a great job from start to finish. Total was $1478.00 (inc tax)

Be seeing them myself soon...there is a safety recall on Hollandia 600/700 series. A plastic bracket needs to be glued to ea inner side of the glass panel to keep the glass from debonding from the frame. For serial #'s 6000000 to 6396298 only.

As you may have read, the roof will not open the whole way in the access cabs but still worth it imho.

Hope this helps ya...Good Luck!!
I'm subbing this thread for this info!! thx