Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got Sunroof?

View Poll Results: Do you have a sunroof in yo Taco?
Yes, power sun/moonroof, love it! 70 3.02%
Yes, manual sun/moonroof, love it! 33 1.42%
Yes, power sun/moonroof, but it leaks/is broken 2 0.09%
Yes, manual sun/moonroof, but it leaks/is broken 4 0.17%
No, but would have if it was factory/dealer option 942 40.67%
No, but would, if could find reasonably priced Aftermkt 475 20.51%
No, scared to cut a hole in the roof! 304 13.13%
No, I don't want a sunroof 486 20.98%
Voters: 2316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Got Sunroof?

I think I must have undiagnosed S.A.D. - Need Mo' light. Toyota Dealer says 'no can do,' others say 'can do anything' - What do you TW experts say?

Found an awesome looking product. Webasto Hollandia TVS 900 ST Dual panel sunroof. Guy in nearby city says he can install it in my '09 Taco, no problem, has done it a few times before. Just needs to move the ceiling glasses holder forward a bit, and the interior light back a bit.

http://www.webastoshowroom.com/900info.html

Anyone have one? Time for a TacoDevil Poll. Gotta know. I think I will go ahead with it, but TW will tell me for sure (as of now, I'm booked in for mid March install).
Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Just FYI anyone that would only have it done if it was a dealer option. The dealerships do not install these. They would take it to an aftermarket place & then jack up the cost to you. So don't think it has to be done by a dealer.

I would love to have one. $$$ is the reason I haven't had it done. Too many other expenses.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I'd want to see a picture portfolio instead of, "Yeah, I done a few of those, No problem". Even ask to get some numbers of past customers.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:59 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I never was a big fan of sunroofs they usually end up leaking. Besides if I want some airflow while I am driving I open up my rear slider.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:18 AM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do it if it was a good price and reputable shop
Old 02-18-2009, 04:24 AM   #6
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
this might come in handy:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...installed.html
Old 02-18-2009, 05:21 AM   #7
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Go to an Auto Trim Design shop, Those guys do great work (at mine atleast) and install alot of the sun roofs for the dealers when a customer does want one. Webasto is the brand that they use most. I had one priced to me for $1400 including installation. The model you need is a Hollandia 740 for the DBL Cab or a Hollandia 710 for the Access Cab

Edit: Find you authorized dealer HERE

Old 02-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #8
z33tec is on a distinguished road

z33tec's Tacoma Gallery
From my experience, aftermarket sunroofs were always complete crap. If it doesn't come installed from the factory, I wouldn't want it.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:39 AM   #9
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine! It's a Webasto electric, and not crap. Check out my pictures to see it.

GA
Old 02-18-2009, 05:47 AM   #10
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a fan of factory installed sunroofs only.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:52 AM   #11
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavonder View Post
I love mine! It's a Webasto electric, and not crap. Check out my pictures to see it.

GA
agreed, Webasto installed by a professional is not crap. My friends pathfinder had one in it, looked like factory but even better b/c it has the auto close function and rain detection closing function.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 AM   #13
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
agreed, Webasto installed by a professional is not crap. My friends pathfinder had one in it, looked like factory but even better b/c it has the auto close function and rain detection closing function.
Webasto sunroofs are probably great.It's the installer I'm worried about.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #14
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
Webasto sunroofs are probably great.It's the installer I'm worried about.
true it is nerve racking but check out the link in my other post to "Certified" dealers, all there installers should have been through training classes an such, plus I believe if it is done at a certified installer it is warranted for 3 year/36000 or as long as you own the vehicle, cant remember what the Auto Trim Design guy told me.

Wish I had the extra money laying around to do it.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:26 AM   #15
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
true it is nerve racking but check out the link in my other post to "Certified" dealers, all there installers should have been through training classes an such, plus I believe if it is done at a certified installer it is warranted for 3 year/36000 or as long as you own the vehicle, cant remember what the Auto Trim Design guy told me.

Wish I had the extra money laying around to do it.

"Hollandia 700 Series Inbuilt Sunroofs offer a lifetime parts warranty to the original owner."

That's great on parts.How about labor?

http://www.webastoshowroom.com/warrantypolicies.html

If there are problems,it's still a hassle.
I just emailed a Webastco dealer in my area.I'm curious on the cost.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #17
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

curious to what they quote you at, my quote was over a year and a half ago.
I just called a different Webastco installer and was told because of the ribbed roof,he wouldn't recommend a Hollandis 740.He doesn't like bending or something with the seal and the roof ribs.
He recommends a Webastco Solaire model sunroof or an ASC brand sunroof.
$995 + tax complete with install.
$100 more for auto close rain sensor.
3/36 warranty

Still waiting for the other company Hollandis 740 email quote and see what they say about a 740 model install..

http://www.americansunroof.com/
Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #18
RiceAcc. is on a distinguished road
RiceAcc.'s Tacoma Gallery
I manage the accessories shop at Rice Toyota in Greensboro, NC. We install Inalfa Sunroofs in Tacomas because they offer a custom trim ring for the ribs. Aftermarket sunroofs are fine. Just make sure your installer has thier ASE/SEMA sunroof certifications. The shop may charge a little more because they have to pay a certified tech more, but at least you know you're getting a quality install.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #19
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
I just called a different Webastco installer and was told because of the ribbed roof,he wouldn't recommend a Hollandis 740.He doesn't like bending or something with the seal and the roof ribs.
He recommends a Webastco Solaire model sunroof or an ASC brand sunroof.
$995 + tax complete with install.
$100 more for auto close rain sensor.
3/36 warranty

Still waiting for the other company Hollandis 740 email quote and see what they say about a 740 model install..

http://www.americansunroof.com/
thats about the same cost as having it as a factory option. not bad.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #20
TheBlackPearl is on a distinguished road

TheBlackPearl's Tacoma Gallery
Holy Crap! You can do this to the 2nd Gen Tacomas?!?!?!??! I guess I'll know what to spend my Tax refund on this year.