1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are longer shocks needed for this lift?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Negative1, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Feb 18, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    Negative1

Negative1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Would I need to buy longer shocks for the front or rear if I were to use this 3" lift kit? (using 884 coils) I would think that at full droop the stock shocks would bottom out before the leaf springs, or the front coils would..

Thoughts?

2. Feb 18, 2009 at 6:59 AM
    Negative1

Negative1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevermind, I just read the FAQ on toytec's website...
    It say's:

Q. Do I need longer shocks with your 3" kit?
    No, The stock shocks work exceptionally well on the 2005-2007 Tacoma trucks. We do stock several longer rear shocks for optimum flex, and performance off road if desired. Kits with front coils will benefit from the use of OME front shocks, they are designed to match the front coils.

3. Apr 29, 2009 at 6:17 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I know this was long ago but no one commented.

I have the stock rear shocks but added toytecs extension to the top of the shock. Looks weird to me but works fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top