Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Core / Hurst short throw shifter

Old 04-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
Core / Hurst short throw shifter

any one heard or used it before?
http://www.core-shifters.com/servlet...t-short/Detail

*** Current pics are of a similar 5 speed shifter. Pics of the actual shifter offered here will be up soon. Same stick and similar base, lower pivot cup bushing is included. ***

Core Shifters EXCLUSIVE!! This is a custom Core Shifters base that contains a readily available Hurst Billet Plus component set (supplied by Hurst) inside a custom housing (not produced by Hurst). It functions exactly the same as any regular Hurst Billet Plus shifter but costs less. It includes the Hurst chrome stick 538-4106 and engraved black knob w/ plain sides (does not say Hurst). It also includes a Hurst boot cover, zip tie, mounting bolts, and installation instructions. Throw reduction should be around 35%.

This shifter kit fits Toyota RA60 6 speed trans in:
  • 2005+ Tacoma V6
  • 6 speed only, V6 only - does not fit 5 speed or 4 cylinder!
  • See our other listings for the 1988-2004 R150F 5 speed shifter (might fit 2005+ Tacoma 4 cyl w/ 4wd)
  • We are looking to develop other Toyota truck 5 speed shifters - if you are interested in helping, please let us know!
This Core Shifter shares many of the same superior features & components found in Hurst Billet Plus Shifters, integrated into a unique, exclusive base assembly:

Forged heat-treated billet steel gear selector
Precision-ground stainless steel pivot ring
Self-centering cross-gate bias springs with heat treated spring seats
Glass-reinforced polyamide pivot cup insert with steel wear clips
Rubber oil control seal with steel retaining ring
6061-T6 extruded aluminum housing with Spirolox steel support ring coated laser-cut steel base-plate and cover
Vibration-resistant serrated flange head steel retaining bolts
Rubber dust cover boot with <>Hurst logo
Pan-head allen bolts with toothed lockwashers to mount stick
Traditional forged billet steel triple chrome-plated Hurst stick
Classic Hurst engraved shift knob
Base mounting bolts and zip tie for boot
High quality and outstanding value!
Stick and knob info:

Supplied stick is Hurst 538 4106, 10" tall, bends 5.5" rear and 1" sideways. Knob is black with engraved shift pattern, plain sides (Hurst does not make a molded knob w/ this shift pattern). 1 7/8" diameter, jam nut included. Stick and knob available separately, see my other listings.

Shifter base available without stick or knob. If you only want the base, email me to request. ANY Hurst stick and most other shifter sticks that bolt on will fit this shifter base, it has 3/8"-24 threads, standard 7/8" spacing.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:51 AM   #2
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see how big that looks installed...
Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lol its classified as a shprt shifter so shouldnt be to bad... On the side note think im going to get it and try it lol.... Why not ive spent more on less conferming info for the taco
Old 05-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #4

Update, installed function is awsome, kicks the $#!^ out of a URD ss kit, this is a reall ss kit though lol. Here are some pics, sorry for horrible quality, its all i got for a camera.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
got the billet plus in my WS6 Trans Am, kicks ass.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
dead link? what was the price?

Hmmm, they took the 2nd gen shifter off the site... IIRC it was roughly $170
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #8

Yeah this was the last one he had, he was thinking of canceling production of it due to lack of interest. I told him otherwise lol and it was $206. Before shippong
Old 05-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #10

Would have suggested for sure
Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
williegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to behold
williegreen33's Tacoma Gallery
They are still offering, but there is a 1-2 month wait for parts. I emailed them on Monday.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #12

MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by williegreen33 View Post
They are still offering, but there is a 1-2 month wait for parts. I emailed them on Monday.
Nice, thanks for letting us know
Old 08-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
williegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to beholdwilliegreen33 is a splendid one to behold
Core shifters now have the shifter in stock. I just placed my order.

http://www.core-shifters.com/servlet...t-short/Detail
Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #14
TheAngryGinger is on a distinguished road

Navy: ATI2
Name: Matt
TheAngryGinger's Tacoma Gallery
OP did it fit the stock shift boot or did you have to mod it?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is the white shift knob still available with this?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #16
kiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Danny
kiteboarder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
Update, installed function is awsome, kicks the $#!^ out of a URD ss kit, this is a reall ss kit though lol. Here are some pics, sorry for horrible quality, its all i got for a camera.
Interesting. Can I ask you something? I'm sure the throws are shorter, but what about the actual shaft height? Is is the same, higher or lower than stock.

What I want to do is Install a shifter that will shorten the throws, but bring the shifter ball a bit higher. Stocks feels like it's a bit of a reach. I know I can just add a 2" extender or something, but it would be nice if the shifter itself is just a bit longer.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #17

Stock boots worked with all new hardware that came with it, i modified the rubber boot inside by wmoving the bottom layer that was stapled to it. As per ride hight, its been a while since i have had stock so i couldnt honestly answer you. Look at pic and compare? Yoh can also always buy different shifyer shafts to fot your application. The white ball as far as o know comes with all of them, i want to get rid of kind due to the fact that it is hollow and amplifies the sound of the metal on metal noises from tranny.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #18
The white ball came with mine. I haven't installed the shifter yet.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #19
kiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Please keep us posted. I've been comparing the photos here to some stock ones I've found online but it's hard to tell. The only way would be with a flat, side, profile photos of this shifter against a similar stock photo.

I might call or email the guy to ask..
Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #20
Having said that, I see what you guys mean. The Hurst handle is attached to the short-shifter with 2 bolts... Meaning if I wanted it to be longer I could just buy a different, longer, Hurst handle and install it on the unit. Clever.