Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Yep just hit a pterodactyl

Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
That is insane!

Was anyone in the car with you?
No, just me. I was heading to work. Good news is the windshield change will be covered under insurance. Should have it changed out tomorrow afternoon.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #23
Master of None
Fifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
Fifthwind's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, count your lucky stars, I have a buddy who hit an Owl with a Corolla, and it went through the windshield and imbedded in the chest of the guy in the passenger seat. He said it took a minute to figure out what had happened and there was glass and feathers everywhere, then he hot footed right to the ER cause he didn't want to touch the bird or the guy in the passenger seat.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #24
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
On my way to work when a big pterodactyl (think it was an owl) come out from beside the road. Apparently I was faster than him. At least it was only the windshield.

FELONY!!!
...just kidding, damn birds.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #25
Tacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud of

Army: 14J, 3rd ID
Name: Kessler
Tacoma VT's Tacoma Gallery
CRAZY! I know turkeys are on the move up here. I saw one fly over the truck on the way to work the other morning. Good work keeping your truck on the road.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #26
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
dang!

I have hit like 4 or 5 birds with my truck. they fly out in front of me all the time!! no damage yet.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #27
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamamerica View Post
FELONY!!!
...just kidding, damn birds.
I knew it was about time for the moral police to show up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
dang!

I have hit like 4 or 5 birds with my truck. they fly out in front of me all the time!! no damage yet.
Yeah but did you hit a pterodactyl at 55 mph?
Old 04-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #28
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I knew it was about time for the moral police to show up!

Yeah but did you hit a pterodactyl at 55 mph?
no. lol. i about it a turkey vulture a few weeks ago at 45. but i saw it and slowed down and he flew off.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #29
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No time to pucker. I remember seeing big ass wings flapping...thinking flap you mother flap...then smack.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #31
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
meh, had and Owl explode off the hood of my old car at 100mph, mangled, splattered or otherwise vaporized 5 jackrabbits and a magpie blew up too later that day, all on the same run from Colo to Cali on HWY 50, poor car smelled like death and looked like i drove through a petting zoo at high speed....and it was my GF's car, not mine
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #32
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap man!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #33
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Repped for the title of the thread!

I've killed a bird with my bumper before. Made a thunk at 60mph and slowly slid over the hood and the cab. Laughed my ass off.
Rep for being able to spell "pterodactyl"
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #34
2013TuRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Bruce
2013TuRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hit a hawk with the windshield at about 130 k once. Damn thing ripped off the wiper, caved in about 2/3 of the windshield about 3-4" and scratched up the windshield header as well. I know it was female 'cause there was egg all over the busted windshield.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #35
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Only bird I've ever seen hit is a large (and slow) seagull at about 40MPH by the car in front of me. Wow, what an explosion of feathers. Not ever sure if there was a body to recover from that one. I wish feathers came off that easily when I'm plucking ducks.

Well, I guess a sparrow flew a suicide mission into my tire once and disintegrated and a buddy ran over a pigeon another time. That poor bird literally had a tire track running through it's chest.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #36
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Now the fight with insurance company begins. They want aftermarket glass and I want my truck exactly as it was before with OEM parts. Have under 24,000 miles on it, I cannot even begin to understand putting in aftermarket glass.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #37
BARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
BARTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Now the fight with insurance company begins. They want aftermarket glass and I want my truck exactly as it was before with OEM parts. Have under 24,000 miles on it, I cannot even begin to understand putting in aftermarket glass.
It really won't make a difference. I understand wanting all oem parts but the glass won't affect anything. I had to have mine replaced and they used an aftermarket windshield, can't tell a difference. Also, that won't affect resell
Old 04-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #38
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
I had to google what pterodactyl was, Now I feel dumb because apparently I don't know how to spell it.

Impressive kill. I've only killed 2 crows and had a still alive seagull get stuck in the grill of a police cruiser I was inspecting after repairs before it went back into the fleet.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #39
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARTRD View Post
It really won't make a difference. I understand wanting all oem parts but the glass won't affect anything. I had to have mine replaced and they used an aftermarket windshield, can't tell a difference. Also, that won't affect resell
Well I have a dash squeak before the owl. Didn't want to give dealership a reason to skip out on the repair. I am very particular about my vehicles, especially since I have less than 24k miles on the Tacoma. Pissed insurance won't cover it. Going to be $819 out of pocket. Needless to say I am going insurance company shopping.