Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What would you do. Guy offered his Tundra for my Tacoma

Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #21
JaRobTaco is on a distinguished road
JaRobTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLODHOPPER View Post
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! We dont take kindly to Ford boys round here!
Everyone likes what they like. No harm in that. I have both. Bought the taco because I love the way they look and I got an awesome deal on it but I have to say I have never owned a truck with so many issues. Everything about it is just cheap as hell except the engine which is fairly impressive except for the gas mileage. Never had a truck I needed to do so many mods to just to get it the way I want it "BUT" I have have my own shop and do seriously enjoy doing the mods.

I like the look and that it is a smaller truck but still has descent room. I have every tool I need to do whatever mod I wish but sadly I will have as much money in mods as I have in the truck just to get it where I know I can beat the hell out of it in the woods and not tear it all to hell.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #22
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP, what is your guy telling you? That's how I roll. If you don't feel 110% about the trade, do not do it!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra is a beast very solid and a pain to park. But that 5.7 is IMO just awsome. I will get another Tundra but this time a 4x4. Let me play with the Taco first.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #24
gnawbone is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 548th RTG
Name: kj
gnawbone's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 2010 Tundra 4.6 4x4 and it was a nice truck. I averaged 16.6 with equal mixed drive every day - highway only I got 18.7 (600 mile trip). The truck was very comfortable - rode and drove great but it was huge!

I'm not a big guy (5'8" - 145) and I'm just more comfortable in a Tacoma. I had a 2006 Tacoma TRD O/R AC before the Tundra and the whole time I had the Tundra, even though I liked it, I wanted my Tacoma back. Tacomas fit me and my personality better - I'm just not a big truck guy, I guess.

I agree with the others that have said that if you're happy with your truck - keep it - I wished I would have.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
BudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BudMan's Tacoma Gallery
I traded in a 2006 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 for a 2006 Tacoma DC 4x4. I definitely did not need a truck that big, and missed my previous Tacoma (02 2.7 4x4) once I had the Tundra. Parking the beast in public lots and $100 fill ups get old quick. Don't get me wrong though, I LOVED the Tundra, it was just way more truck than I would reasonably use to its capacity. I went back to a manual trans and would (subjectively) take the Tacoma over the Tundra anyday!

Decide if you need a payload or towing capacity that big BEFORE you buy or trade for the Tundra, not after like me.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #26
BudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BudMan's Tacoma Gallery
My 3 Toyota Trucks

2002 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 liter. Bought from dealer in 2004 with 21,312 miles, camper shell included. Traded to Toyota Berkeley in March 2012 with 140,000 miles and some random cylinder misfires. Hindsight makes me wish I kept and fixed, but also was soon in need of tires, brakes, clutch, etc. which helped my decision to trade.

2006 Tundra 4x4 Double Cab TRD. Bough from Toyota Berkeley in March 2012 with 77,xxx miles. Traded in Oct 2102 when I had enough of feeling like I somehow made a mistake because of the 13-15 mpg and a 24 gal tank, even though I loved driving it. I found myself longing for a manual again on top of the mpg and parking issues.

2006 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport. Bought from a Fremont dealer in Oct 2012 with 41,xxx miles. Finally back in a Tacoma and a manual! The only regret I have is the extra debt I took on trading in twice for it!
Attached Thumbnails
What would you do. Guy offered his Tundra for my Tacoma-day-i-bought-tundra.jpg   What would you do. Guy offered his Tundra for my Tacoma-daisy-testing-out-4wd.jpg   What would you do. Guy offered his Tundra for my Tacoma-02-tacoma-last-i-saw-her-.jpg  
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #27
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaRobTaco View Post
I have never owned a truck with so many issues. Everything about it is just cheap as hell ...

I have personally known only two people to enact the lemon law and both had Ford F150s.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #28
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
if the price of the tundra is more expensive than your tacoma I say trade it, sell the tundra and get another tacoma with a couple extra thousand in your hands.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #29
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the Taco.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
I have personally known only two people to enact the lemon law and both had Ford F150s.
LOL...I guess that is the bueaty of internet, you can make up what ever you want.(JK) Half of the posts on this forum have to do with some sort of issue and design flaw that everyone is trying to resolve.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Taco now...It's a good platform to modify and build off of. But there is a good reason why there are more f150's sold than any other in the world. I think if they had any issues that would have changed a long time ago. I just can't ever imagine someone paying 30K+ on one of these when there isn't anything in this truck worth close to that. But then again, the Chevy's and Fords are not worth what they are asking for them either.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #31
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL...I guess that is the bueaty of internet, you can make up what ever you want.(JK) Half of the posts on this forum have to do with some sort of issue and design flaw that everyone is trying to resolve.

I guess an added beauty is that you can discount someone elses fact if it seems unpleasant to you.

FACT #1 I have only known two people that had to turn a vehicle back in for the lemon law and both were ford F150s.

FACT #2 Your assuming I made it up is meaningless to the reality of fact #1.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #32
TDIT - Taco Driver in Training
thummyuken is on a distinguished road

thummyuken's Tacoma Gallery
Love the Tundra, but I'd still lean towards keeping the Taco. It just feels right.

.02 cents
Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #33
DaVikes is on a distinguished road
Name: Ross
DaVikes's Tacoma Gallery
He might want to trade because he's realized that the Tundra is depreciating faster than the Tacoma. If they are worth the same now, in a few years the Tacoma will be worth more. That's not knocking the Tundra. It's just that resale values on the Tacoma are ridiculously good. Tacomas are one of the best for retaining value.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #34
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
You might also ask yourself. How much do I tow? vs How much do I wheel?

For me, I wheel 30-40 times a year and I tow... well I never towed with my tacoma. For you the stats might be opposite.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
I guess an added beauty is that you can discount someone elses fact if it seems unpleasant to you.

FACT #1 I have only known two people that had to turn a vehicle back in for the lemon law and both were ford F150s.

FACT #2 Your assuming I made it up is meaningless to the reality of fact #1.
oh yeah, I know four people that pushed the lemon law on a Toyota. See, I can make stuff up too.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #36
El Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shed
El Chip's Tacoma Gallery
You can't eat a Tundra.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #37
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
If I didn't have to pay for the gas I'd love a Tundra for road trips and whatnot. They're freaking huge inside.

I'd keep the Tacoma.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #38
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh yeah, I know four people that pushed the lemon law on a Toyota. See, I can make stuff up too.
You can tell a lot about folks who throw shots on 25% of their posts. Remember the Golden Rule...it really works well in life.

- Mark