Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What would you do. Guy offered his Tundra for my Tacoma

Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
What would you do. Guy offered his Tundra for my Tacoma

Guys loves my Truck. We got to talking when we dropped our kids off at school. He is offering his 2009 Tundra Access cab for my Taco.

Seems like a good deal but I love my truck. The full size is tempting though. What would you guys do.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
CLODHOPPER is on a distinguished road

CLODHOPPER's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra has a timing belt I think. Most Tacos have chains. Honestly thats enough incentive to keep your Taco IMHO. Not saying that the tundra isnt a nice truck, but you will be paying ALOT more for gas too... They're notorious for being guzzlers.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
There are WAY too many variables to consider; this is far from a simple yes or no.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
There are WAY too many variables to consider; this is far from a simple yes or no.
This...things like :
Mileage
Exact specs
Mods done
Warranties
Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I know there are alot of variables to consider. I was caught off guard because it seems like a good trade off for a full size but I have never actually looked at the Tundra. I have always wanted a Tacoma as it suites my needs.

Both trucks are paid off.

His is 100% stock but mint shape (based on looks).
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I'd keep the Tacoma. If your truck suits your needs, you'll probably find the tundra to be too big.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Lets see pics of both.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
Tacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud of

Army: 14J, 3rd ID
Name: Kessler
Tacoma VT's Tacoma Gallery
The Tundra is nice. More room, less MGP. With your personal mods, double cab, better MPG, and the maneuverability, I would keep yours.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #10
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Any accidents?
Ask yourself.. Why would this guy trade a newer, more expensive truck for mine? Either hes paying a fortune in gas and wants out of it or something else is up.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the tacoma. There is a reason he wants to trade!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmuncy View Post
Keep the tacoma. There is a reason he wants to trade!
This.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #13
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a gas sucking tundra just buy one like I did 5.7L w/ tow pkg and 4wd. I average 12 mpg city, never better than 16 mpg highway. But my 2.7L taco only gets 15 in town.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
JaRobTaco is on a distinguished road
JaRobTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the taco. Tundra is seriously the ugliest damn truck I have ever seen. Now if he wanted to trade an F150 I would throw him my keys and never look back.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaRobTaco View Post
Keep the taco. Tundra is seriously the ugliest damn truck I have ever seen. Now if he wanted to trade an F150 I would throw him my keys and never look back.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! We dont take kindly to Ford boys round here!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
OhYeah is on a distinguished road
OhYeah's Tacoma Gallery
He might have towed the space shuttle, Endeavor up and down Everest with his Tundra..
Old 04-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Same thing I did. I traded my 2010 double cab tundra with the 5.7 TRD offroad package with only 24k easy miles dealer only serviced paid off. I saw the Tacoma sitting on the lot and I wanted it. The Taco is a 09 access cad 4x4 with 72k miles found out it is the base model 2.7 5 speed.
Made the switch he gave me a thousand bucks and some sliders.
I dont know but I am kind of sorry I did it. Miss the big Tundra with all the room and big power of that 5.7
Old 04-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tundra has a timing belt I think.
4.7L V8-Timing Belt
5.7L V8-Timing Chain
4.6L V8(2010-)-Timing Chain
Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
4.7L V8-Timing Belt