LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

MGM Headlight Mod

Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #41
faron is on a distinguished road
Name: Faron
faron's Tacoma Gallery
This looks great is there a how to on this Mod.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #42
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, there are a few. Just do a search or google it and you should find them.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #43
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Out of curiousity, I have 3M film on my headlights, will that be destroyed if I do this mod?

I am not sure how the 3M will fair in the oven....anyone have experience with this?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #44
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No idea man. Never have used the stuff. I would have to think it may not do so well in the oven. Then again I guess it's made for headlights, and they do create some heat. I'd call 3M and find out for sure.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #45
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Im mechanically inclined and took my headlights apart as well, but damn they weren't easy to get apart and that shit is super tacky and fun prying apart in my opinion. Once you find somewhere to grip it. I had mine in there 10 min plus and the plastic is all flexible and shit when its heated up. I was nervous I was going to bend something wrong and it wouldn't fit back on my truck LOL
Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #46

Found a Run

What I got in the ten minutes of sunshine after work.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #47
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
The MGM headlights look nice on your MGM! Once I work up the balls to take apart headlights on my 2013 I'll probably end up doing flat black for my pyrite mica Tacoma. I don't think a PM Headlight mod would look so hot.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #48

Thanks for the compliment. You could always give it a try and just mock it up painted PM. See how it looks without sealing everything up. Extra couple of steps if you don't like it but you can always go black. I'd think it would look good. My $.02.