LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

MGM Headlight Mod

Old 04-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
MGM Headlight Mod

Anyone out there done a Magnetic Grey Metallic Headlight Mod on a MGM Yota instead of black? I thought there might have been one a while back, but I'm not finding it. IIRC there was also someone who did a Silver Streak HLM.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Guitar1616 is on a distinguished road
Guitar1616's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds pretty cool: I'm curious as to how it'd look.

If anyone's done it, please post some pics -- I may have to do it to mine.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Weather permitting, I'm doing it this weekend. If it's nothing but rain it'll be next weekend. I am leaning toward just going MGM.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed to see finished product
Old 04-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #6

Guess I'm going to get paint & window weld tomorrow. Speak now or forever.....
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #8

Got any pictures of it?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #10

Looks good man.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen white, indigo ink, and silver done. The silver looked too close to chrome but the others were nice
Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
MGM Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
MGM Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
very interested to see pics when finished, good idea
Old 04-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #14

Alright. MGM it is. Anybody want to trade if it all goes wrong?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #15
MGM Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
MGM Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
if it goes wrong proly not but if it goes right I will lol
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #16

Yeah I didn't think anyone would trade on a botched set. I guess if it doesn't look worth a damn, I'll just go black and deal with it.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
metrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/Paramedic
metrick1215's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen Color matched headlights on Honda accords ( 6thGenaccord.com) They look good. I had thought of doing it with my honda when i had it.. but I think it would look good with our trucks too...MGM sounds like it would be cool
Old 04-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a red, speedway blue, dark blue and white. I did a superwhite and think it came out looking nice.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I though about it since I had the MGM paint for the grille anyway, but I decided it wouldn't be worth the extra work, for myself anyway. Plus nobody would really notice or appreciate it since it would be very similar compared to black under the headlight lens.
I would still like to see pics when you get it done tho
Old 04-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #20

Yeah, I do think that 99% of people who see it that are familiar with the HLM will think it's black. I'm completely alright with that. Just thought I'd give it a go and see if it looks worth a damn. It's not looking too good for this weekend, so maybe next weekend I'll have it done.