Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Will LT275/70R17 Fit Stock TRD

Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
00PowderSpecial is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
00PowderSpecial's Tacoma Gallery
Will LT275/70R17 Fit Stock TRD

I have a 09 Tacoma DCLB TRD and wondering if anyone has put on a BFG AT in 275/70R17 with all stock suspension. I have LT265/70R17's on now and there is still a bit of room before they will rub. I don't do much off roading, mainly gravel roads, and want to put the 275 on now and plan on doing the 5100's during the summer at some point.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody on here is running them at stock height

I have that size in Hankook ATm's
Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I looked the width up on tire rack and your looking at going from 9" to 9.2".

Split that in half and at .1" if you have room I would assume your good to go.

I only found E rated for the 275/70/17. Is that what your getting?
Old 04-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
running 265's im like tip of pinky width from sidewall to little nub on spindle. I wouldn't go wider without 1/4" wheel spacers
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
running 265's im like tip of pinky width from sidewall to little nub on spindle. I wouldn't go wider without 1/4" wheel spacers
Mine don't touch
Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
All stock... It rubs if you wheel the wee out of it.
275/70r/17 Goodyear Silent Armor, load range C if I'm not mistaken.
Attached Thumbnails
Will LT275/70R17 Fit Stock TRD-img_0125.jpg   Will LT275/70R17 Fit Stock TRD-p5050018.jpg   Will LT275/70R17 Fit Stock TRD-p5050024.jpg   Will LT275/70R17 Fit Stock TRD-p5050019.jpg  
Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

DocsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
All stock... It rubs if you wheel the wee out of it.
275/70r/17 Goodyear Silent Armor, load range C if I'm not mistaken.
Sweet truck! Nice setup!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Going to see how little lift I can get a way with while running 285/70r/17.
SCS Stealth 6's coming on Friday( !!!!! )
Toy-Tec crank-a-billys, with an ATO shackle flip, with AAL, some time in the future.
Mount up some tires, still torn on which, put them on, see what it looks like, start hacking.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
Thank you! Looks like it will be the 10 ply BFG AT's going on her! Was looking into the Duratrac's and Silent Armors but talk about pricey! Here locally I was quoted $356/tire + install + tax for the Silent Armors in 265/70R17 in 10 ply.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #11
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

DocsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00PowderSpecial View Post
Thank you! Looks like it will be the 10 ply BFG AT's going on her! Was looking into the Duratrac's and Silent Armors but talk about pricey! Here locally I was quoted $356/tire + install + tax for the Silent Armors in 265/70R17 in 10 ply.
Try tirecrawler.com. Got my BFG Mudders from there
Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
The shipping kills me up here. On tirerack.com it was just ver $800 for shipping. Haven't looked much on other sites because of that.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The shipping kills me up here. On tirerack.com it was just ver $800 for shipping. Haven't looked much on other sites because of that.
I believe Discount tire has decent shipping to Canada
Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I believe Discount tire has decent shipping to Canada
Thanks for the tip but they won't ship to my Newfoundland postal code, although they will for a previous Nova Scotia postal code...strange...Although if they did for those prices I would be sold! Quite a bit cheaper even when it's all said and done.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the tip but they won't ship to my Newfoundland postal code, although they will for a previous Nova Scotia postal code...strange...Although if they did for those prices I would be sold! Quite a bit cheaper even when it's all said and done.
Discount Tire Direct is a TW sponsored vendor , go to their vendor section and start a thread there with your particulars , maybe they can work something out for you
Old 04-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #16
327 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
327's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes Amazon has a good deal on tires with super saver shipping.

I saved a few bucks going that route over tirerack or the local places. I think only if they are sold FROM amazon.

It's worth taking a look though.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 327 View Post
Sometimes Amazon has a good deal on tires with super saver shipping.

I saved a few bucks going that route over tirerack or the local places. I think only if they are sold FROM amazon.

It's worth taking a look though.
To Canada ?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Take note that Gearheadesw is not running mud flaps. Thats probably where you will run into contact first.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #19
327 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
327's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
To Canada ?
I didn't realize where you were located.