1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cheap Headrest Mount for a Tablet Instructions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RearViewMirror, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Apr 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror [OP] Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I wasn't sure where to put this so Mods feel free to move it if need be. I just put it here because I have a 2nd Gen. Tacoma.

After going through about 3 Headrest mounts from relativity inexpensive to pretty damn expensive and not being happy with how they worked out in my truck I decided to make my own and It works damn good.

First thing you will need is a cheap Office Depot Bookend $3.50

[​IMG]

Next bend it according to the following pictures to match the size of the tablet you will be using. I use a Galaxy Note 10.1

Apply the fuzzy side of velcro strips everywhere that the tablet will touch and everywhere the mount will touch the headrest and seat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next attach the mount to the headrest using a metal rod (I used a aluminum rod out of a pant's cloths hanger) and insert it behind the posts on the headrest and through the bend on the mount. Bend the rod around the headrest post for a snug fit.

[​IMG]

Lower headrest back down into place and your mount will be snug against the back of the headrest. There should be no wearing of the headrest to worry about since you used the fuzzy velcro strips on the back of the mount as stated earlier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Insert Tablet and enjoy!

[​IMG]

I have converted all of my daughters DVD's to MP4 Format and she can sit in the back with her Bluetooth headset and we never hear a noise from her while on a trip. No more "Are we there yet?"

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. Apr 25, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Simple, yet effective :thumbsup:

3. Apr 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yeah... No more damn rattling from the mount. Rattles drive me nuts:mad: This works out perfectly. Actually looks better in person but you get the idea.

4. Apr 25, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    El Tano

El Tano i am the one who knocks

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    Corvette homelink FRONT: 5100 Blinstein set at 0 Procomp 3" leveling kit Allpro UCA’s. REAR: Icon Multi Rate RXT Leaf Pack 5100 Blinstein. 17x9 kMC wheels 0 BS 285/70 17 Wildpeak A/T4W C range Amp research steps. and a bunch of TSB's
    How about the vibration? My fricking pasenger seat vibrates like crazy on uneven streets

5. Apr 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    No vibration at all since it fits flush against the headrest. That was what was driving me crazy with the other mounts that I bought in the past. This is just pinned against the headrest and doesn't move at all.

Now if your seat vibrates or rattles that is another story but as far as the mount goes it is quiet.

Products Discussed in

To Top