Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

painting rear drum brakes

Old 04-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
black coma will become famous soon enoughblack coma will become famous soon enough

Name: edwin
black coma's Tacoma Gallery
painting rear drum brakes

hey guys i was wondering if you could help me out by giving me some tips or a how to. im looking to paint my rear drum brakes because i put some new wheels on on now i want to make it look good behind it as well.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
You a high temp paint. Try to get as much rust off as possible then use a good self etch primer and a whatever color high temp paint you want. They make special caliper paint to withstand the extreme temps of brakes. The rear drums don't get that hot though. You might be able to get away with using a good engine paint.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about doing this also, im gonna use a wire cup brush on a grinder, primer, then paint. Ill probaly use some kind of high heat enamel.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Take them off,
sand them down really good
get some high temp primer/paint
go to town
profit!

I've seen people paint the drum while it is still on. You can do this, but I'm not a fan of over spary all over my truck and to me its not that hard to get the drum off/on.

Remember, a good paint job is only as good as the preparation that was done to it. Take your time and it will come out good.

EDIT: Engine Paint will work just fine on the drums.