LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

single disc cd versus multi ?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
single disc cd versus multi ?

I noticed that the 13s have a single CD. When did Toyota do away with the changer?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think it was ever a standard. maybe single w/ the entune and that crap filling the space?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
who uses cd's anymore...?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
choppersx will become famous soon enough

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamamerica View Post
who uses cd's anymore...?
LOL! yeah i use my CD slot as my iphone holder
Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
I buy on occasion and normally play CD's in my truck still, even though I do have an iPod. Sometimes its easier to pop in a CD I want to listen to than disconnect my iPod from usb since it locks you out), scroll to the album or artist I wanna listen to, and reinsert the usb which is a pain in the ass while driving.

Yeah, yeah I could listen to it via my AUX cable, but my iPod is 5 years old and the battery gauge is off so it plays music for 30 minutes and cuts off even if it has a ton of battery life left.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
I havent put a CD in my 13 yet...I didnt even know I had a slot for CDs all music off my phone (via bluetooth) or sirius/XM radio
Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
yup, never had a cd in mine either..
Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
2013TuRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Bruce
2013TuRD's Tacoma Gallery
What's a CD? I-phone in pocket with Bluetooth for me.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I am behind the times. I do not have any music on my phone. The only time I use the cd player is when I am in the boonies out of my normal radio stations range.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I have yet to use a stock system for any longer than 2 months no matter what it is. I've had my own setup that's been in every vehicle I've owned since I was 19 years old.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
I buy on occasion and normally play CD's in my truck still, even though I do have an iPod. Sometimes its easier to pop in a CD I want to listen to than disconnect my iPod from usb since it locks you out), scroll to the album or artist I wanna listen to, and reinsert the usb which is a pain in the ass while driving.

Yeah, yeah I could listen to it via my AUX cable, but my iPod is 5 years old and the battery gauge is off so it plays music for 30 minutes and cuts off even if it has a ton of battery life left.
What model iPod do you have? If it's an iPod Touch, you can Jailbreak and get the app NoAccessorySplash from Cydia and regain full control of your iPod while it's plugged in. Thats how I used to roll with my stock head unit with an adapter and gen2 iPod Touch.

I now have a JVC KD-X40. Doesn't have a CD slot, but has USB that works with my flash drives and iPhone 5.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #13
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
When I owned my 11' Sport it had the disc changer. In the time I owned it I had 2 cd's in there. I mainly used the aux port for my ipod. My 13' is only a single disc and I have never used it. Now I have the Usb connection for my Ipod, I don't have to use cd's anymore. Cd's are going the way of VHS tapes.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #14
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
My 2011 has a single disc. I rarely use it. It's like having an 8 track player. CDs are fast becoming a thing of the past.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #15
2wheelnut is on a distinguished road

Name: Angelo
2wheelnut's Tacoma Gallery
Well for me it's a PITA to keep plugging in the Aux port ('11 w/ JBL) so its either XM or CD's chock full of mp3's. Roughly 500 songs each CD so its still not bad and still fairly relevant. Also true retail CD's sound WAAAAYYY better than any iPhone, iPod, iDevice or whatever. Uncompressed songs and all.