Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed lighting...LED's, etc (recommendations)

Old 02-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Bed lighting...LED's, etc (recommendations)

I'm sure this one has been done a million times and I did try searching with no luck.

I would like to put LED lights under the rails in the bed of my 2009 Taco. What are suggestions or options?

Where to put the switch?
Who makes a good kit?
Is it waterproof?
Wiring suggestions?
Colors?
Is LED the right choice for me?

This is all I came up with - http://www.creativelightings.com/Pre...trips-s/97.htm

I am getting a tonneau cover (not sure which one...topic of discussion for another time) and this would enable me to see under there with the cover on.

PICTURES IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS MOD!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Im sure underglow would work, but im not positive. Let others chime in!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124095

Old 02-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ Now that is a damn good idea!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
CAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really nice

CAdiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Both are great ideas to a mod that has been done many times. I like the red trailer light, they are water proof and available just about anywhere.
The LED strips look to be an easy install. Thanks for the link.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, thanks for the ideas!

I figured this is a mod that has been done many times...that's why I was hoping for some pictures or unique ideas. I like the tail light but would rather have something more discrete and tucked under the rail system. I wouldn't do as clean of a job cutting into the bed as the link above. That's smart to use red to allow night vision to still work!

Ideally, I'd like to put LED's under the bedrails and run them from a switch in the cab.

The search continues...
Old 03-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
bass mechanic has a spectacular aura aboutbass mechanic has a spectacular aura about
bass mechanic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Awesome, thanks for the ideas!

I figured this is a mod that has been done many times...that's why I was hoping for some pictures or unique ideas. I like the tail light but would rather have something more discrete and tucked under the rail system. I wouldn't do as clean of a job cutting into the bed as the link above. That's smart to use red to allow night vision to still work!

Ideally, I'd like to put LED's under the bedrails and run them from a switch in the cab.

The search continues...
you mean like these? i was going to buy a roll and stick them under the bed rails
http://www.creativelightings.com/LED...g-12v-s/39.htm
Old 03-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
I just installed a RoundEyes dome light in my truck. They also offer other types of offroad LED lighting.

http://roundeyes.com/
Old 03-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
I was gonna do the same thing, LED rope style lights under the tie down rails to illuminate the bed. (I have a tonneau cover and getting stuff out of it in the dark is a PITA)
I'm probably gonna wire mine up with the dome lights so that they'll come on whenever I hit unlock on the key fob, or open a door.

Pierced tiger has done the LED bed light mod, it's in the cheap/free mods thread.

Here is a link to the thread with pics, scroll down
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ts-w-pics.html

Here are the lights I was thinking of getting: From the pics, the lights look like they're inside a clear hard tube which, IMO, would make it much easier to attach under the tie down rails.
http://www.vminnovations.com/product...it_White_.html

How to wire the lights to your dome lights: This is the way Borderbrat did it, he used a single pole, double throw switch which allows you to have the lights on/off with the dome lights, on by switch, or off all the time.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tml#post297835