1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Supercharger Boost

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toniodiaz, Apr 28, 2013.

1. May 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    ToyotaTacoma4Ever

ToyotaTacoma4Ever Get Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Tacoma Sport
    Check Out The S/C Build
    Good luck! helps a lot of you can get someone to help you out to hold the pulley still while you press.

2. May 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    B11

B11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.E. Wa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Is now SuperCharged
    Can you put the 2.8 pulley on with NO other changes? Will the ECM compensate enough for the extra 2lbs of boost the 2.8 gives or do you have to change the tune?

I'm very interested to hear how much more boost you get with the 2.8 pulley over your stock 4-4.5lbs of boost and if you can actually feel any difference.

3. May 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Check Out The S/C Build
    Yes you can put the 2.8 with no other mods/changes but it's a good idea to keep an eye on your AFR's just in case

Read through my build I give a bit of explanation between stock and the 2.8
    The 2.8 is enough boost to feel the supercharger "wake up" is what most people say.

To get the most out of the pulley a tune can help

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. May 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    KingKoda

KingKoda Never Satisfied

Member:
    Palmetto
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD.S DCSB 4x4
    Boosted TRD/URD All Terrain Sleeper w/ Sockmonkey Decals Worth +666HP
    ToyotaTaco4Ever...I'm getting ready to install the 2.8 stealth pulley this weekend on my truck.

Regarding the URD press tool, I get how it works from your photos, thanks - my question is the allen head bolt that goes into the snout and into the press tool. I have two of these allen head bolts in my press tool kit. Do I need to use both or is one a backup?

5. May 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    toniodiaz

toniodiaz [OP] Crazy and lovely member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maruko
    Southmerica
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 TRD Sport Silver Double Cab and now 2013 SR5 TRD Sport Red Double Cab
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Catback, aFe Cold air intake system, HELLA Rallye 4000 Celis lamps, Spyder Smoke CCFL Halo projector Headlights, JBA Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, Centric Cross Drilled Front Brake Rotors, URD smaller diameter S/C pulley, Roof Rack, Recon Tail light bar, 3" OME Leaf pack at the rear with 5100 Bilsteins and Regulable 2.75" Toytec Red Springs with 5100 Bilsteins in the front, Total Chaos UCA, Front TRD Skid Plate, Black Tube Step Bar, Black Emblems and TRD Sport Stripes decal, I JUST FINISHED MY MOD TO THE PARKING, DTR AND TURNING LIGHTS, When you hit the turning switch, DTR ad Parking lights turn of on the side the Turn signals are flashing, so they don't disturb their intensity. Everything installed with my own little hands and help of my dear friend and of course, your mods.
    I think this is just a back up, I did't need it.

6. May 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    toniodiaz

toniodiaz [OP] Crazy and lovely member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maruko
    Southmerica
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 TRD Sport Silver Double Cab and now 2013 SR5 TRD Sport Red Double Cab
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Catback, aFe Cold air intake system, HELLA Rallye 4000 Celis lamps, Spyder Smoke CCFL Halo projector Headlights, JBA Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, Centric Cross Drilled Front Brake Rotors, URD smaller diameter S/C pulley, Roof Rack, Recon Tail light bar, 3" OME Leaf pack at the rear with 5100 Bilsteins and Regulable 2.75" Toytec Red Springs with 5100 Bilsteins in the front, Total Chaos UCA, Front TRD Skid Plate, Black Tube Step Bar, Black Emblems and TRD Sport Stripes decal, I JUST FINISHED MY MOD TO THE PARKING, DTR AND TURNING LIGHTS, When you hit the turning switch, DTR ad Parking lights turn of on the side the Turn signals are flashing, so they don't disturb their intensity. Everything installed with my own little hands and help of my dear friend and of course, your mods.
    These are some pics I took while changing the pulley. It was quite easy with another pair of hands helping me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I can feel the power increment, but I can hardly read about 1 PSI more at my gauge. I don't really know if that's ok, but as far as power is felt, I'm happy

7. May 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Check Out The S/C Build
    Just look at the pics that the OP has, pretty much speak for themselves
    *note* those aren't my pics lol their Detective Dan's photo when he installed the pulley on his s/c

Toniodaz good job man! Glad your happy with the pulley :D

Last edited: May 9, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top