Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DIY leather arm rests

Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #41
julesbchillin is on a distinguished road

julesbchillin's Tacoma Gallery
some pics...

well IM done with this part. It looks really clean. thanks again for the info.
saved some money for sure.. here are some pics....
Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 PM   #44
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
damn you really went all out haha, it looks good tho good job
Old 11-21-2007, 01:38 AM   #45
blazin~amazin is on a distinguished road
blazin~amazin's Tacoma Gallery
where do you buy leather?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:51 AM   #46
beondwacko has a spectacular aura aboutbeondwacko has a spectacular aura about

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
Those back seats look fantastic !!! Great Job ! Has anyone yet done this mod to the center console armrest? I hate the rubber feling it has.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 AM   #47
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
Not yet but I will have to soon. It gets just as dirty as the crappy original armrests.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #48
StinkyTaco is on a distinguished road
StinkyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
real nice i'll be doing this also. thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #49
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Question Looks Great

I have a question kind of off the subject. With the door pannel taken off the door like that it looks like 1 solid unit. If I want to replace that cheap black plastic right below the window (it all scratched up) do I have to buy a whole new pannel or does it come off some how?
Thanks!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #51
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
The handles would be tough. Probably cant do it at home. To do it properly you would need a mould of the handles and a heated press.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #52
ShoeDr is on a distinguished road
ShoeDr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
The handles would be tough. Probably cant do it at home. To do it properly you would need a mould of the handles and a heated press.
This is what I was talking about just tp be sure we're on the same page. The handles don't come off somehow?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #53

reid's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I though you meant the other handles. You COULD do those ones though. They must come off. If you have a sewing machine you could stitch something up, and slide it on. I will be doing more leather in a month or so. I havent had a chance lately because I am building another bike. But Im almost done, then I might do the handles and a new leather shifter boot.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #54
philrrock is on a distinguished road
philrrock's Tacoma Gallery
What a great Idea...I just got my new 08 last week and this is exactly what I am going to do this weekend. The leather will certainly hold up better against, mud, dust, and body oils. THANKS for sharing this

Philrrock
Round Rock, Tx
Old 03-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #55
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
If I want to replace that cheap black plastic right below the window do I have to buy a whole new pannel or does it come off some how?
Yes sir! Search man, search.

1) Regular cab Regular cab Right2) Clip Clip Back3) Corner cover Right4) Retainer Retainer Back5) Grip handle Right6) Cover Cover Right7) Regular cab Regular cab RightDescriptionYearMSRP PriceCore PriceYour PriceRegular cab Right - W/manual windows - W/manual windows05-07 $495.94 $351.83 Regular cab Left - W/manual windows - W/manual windows05-07 $495.94 $351.83
Old 03-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #56
ShoeDr is on a distinguished road
ShoeDr's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys! I got bored on Sunday and did this quick mod. I used a synthetic leather/vinyl from Joanne's fabric and a 3m spray adhesive #80 for rubber and vinyl.

Taking the doors off was actually quite easy for never having done this before.

I followed the walkthru on www.tacomaworld.com, but I took it one step further by doing the handles.

The handles are a bit tricky and I'd be the first to admit I didn't do the best job. I will probably end up taking them off and redoing them.

Overall I'm very happy with the look and no more dirty elbow fabric or handles!

Before

After
Old 05-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #57
Yeah, I'm that Guy
RememberMorrison is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0311
RememberMorrison's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeDr View Post
Hey guys! I got bored on Sunday and did this quick mod. I used a synthetic leather/vinyl from Joanne's fabric and a 3m spray adhesive #80 for rubber and vinyl.

Taking the doors off was actually quite easy for never having done this before.

I followed the walkthru on , but I took it one step further by doing the handles.

The handles are a bit tricky and I'd be the first to admit I didn't do the best job. I will probably end up taking them off and redoing them.

Overall I'm very happy with the look and no more dirty elbow fabric or handles!

Before

After
Very nice! Looks great. Why in the world didn't Toyota do this from factory???
Old 05-12-2008, 05:35 AM   #58
dtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dtacow's Tacoma Gallery
^cuz they're cheap.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #59
Johnny_knox69 is on a distinguished road
Johnny_knox69's Tacoma Gallery
Leather

Nice work with the leather in the doors guys......

I did all 4 seats in Leather upgrade myself...... I have used these guys twice and love em...
http://www.leatherseats.com/section.asp

about 700.00 I posted pics before somewhere....

I tried the door thing with the ones that came with the seats, the glue didn't hold to the cloth and I tore them off. This is a great idea.

thanks
Old 06-28-2008, 11:37 PM   #60
drumsarefunman is on a distinguished road
drumsarefunman's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome... ever think about doing the seats in leather?