Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Photography??

View Poll Results: What camera are you using?
Cell Phone 80 63.49%
Quick Snap Camera 14 11.11%
Professional Camera 51 40.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #41
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Long story short their are tiers to DSLR cameras, just as with anything. Some are lower level "crop sensors" meaning the sensor inside is smaller, higher lever "crop sensor" and then there are cheaper "full frames" (larger sensor and usually more features, build quality, etc) and top of the line "full frames."

"consumers" buy the beginner level stuff, "prosumers" the in between (think someone shooting friends weddings and baby showers for some money on the side), and "pros" generally get higher end stuff to compliment their demand for higher quality as well as their experience level/need for certain features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
DSLR stands for Digital Single Lens Reflex. Basically means you are looking through the lens (TTL) via a mirror and prism. There are lots of different levels of SLRs. Consumer grade like Canon digital rebels, Prosumer, which is in between/hobbyist level like Canon 40D, and Pro like Canon 1D series, which is usually magnesium bodied, full frame, high megapixel, high frame shooting rate, with semi waterproof construction. I'm a Canon guy, but with any brand you get what you pay for.

:edit:
Buzzards beat me to it
Also, some pros will use a prosumer grade camera body with professional lenses and get great stuff. Prosumer equipment these days are very good. Old digital cameras were pretty terrible.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Bought my wife a cannon t3 for xmas... She took it back and upgraded to the t4i ....lol. I dont even know the diff... I did notice the price diff tho... Lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #42
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the info. Bought my wife a cannon t3 for xmas... She took it back and upgraded to the t4i ....lol. I dont even know the diff... I did notice the price diff tho... Lol.
Wait until she learns about lenses. Bodies are cheap, quality lenses are upwards or $1500-2000 and then some.

I for one, as a hobbyist, cannot justify ever spending over $1000 on a lens (even though I really want to).
Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #43
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wait until she learns about lenses. Bodies are cheap, quality lenses are upwards or $1500-2000 and then some.

I for one, as a hobbyist, cannot justify ever spending over $1000 on a lens (even though I really want to).
Oh... She has...$$$ already needs a bigger one than the big a$$ one i got her. Ah well.. It makes her happy..
Old 04-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #44
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Oh... She has...$$$ already needs a bigger one than the big a$$ one i got her. Ah well.. It makes her happy..
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post6818111

Does she need a telephoto zoom? haha
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #45
Bad Spuller

Quote:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post6818111

Does she need a telephoto zoom? haha
Yup... But im not showing her that... Or Shes gonna spend my gun $$$
Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #46
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Canon EOS Rebel T3i with a 28-300 lens
Canon Powershot ELPH 130
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #47
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
The most expensive lens I ever owned was my Canon 600 F4L. It was a telescope! Literally.
I shot this image of the moon long ago on film with my Canon 1nRS.

Now days I rarely pick up a camera tho.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #48

This is the list of budget lenses I'm working on (2 left):

10-24 f/3.5-4.5G (not yet) $800
16-85 f/3.5-5.6G (check) $600
35 f/1.8G (check) $200
50 f/1.8G (soon) $200
70-300 f/4.5-5.6G (check) $600

Then I'll sell my 5100 for the 7100 and shift funds back to the bike/pickup.

Those are prices brand new btw, I buy a lot of gear refurbished to save $.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #49
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

10-24? That's not the Canon is it? I have the 10-22 ES-F and I love it. Corners get pretty stretched out tho.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #50

Nope, Nikon DX lens. It will be my last purchase, even after the body. I don't "need" it, I just like creative wide angle shots.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #51
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery

Caught this with my iphone long time ago, one of the best pics I ever took of it I think. The sky in the background and how it reflects off the paint on the truck. I didn't (nor do I know how) edit it at all.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #52
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Skills>gear I suppose. I'm a newb but growing quickly. I love it
this goes for almost anything

photography, racing, shooting guns, cooking, etc
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #53
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a pro photographer on the side...

http://www.chadstephensonphoto.com/

I have a Canon 5DMKIII and a 1DMKIII, and all L lenses.

That being said, all I ever shoot my truck with is my iPhone.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #55
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubi1414 View Post
Wow didn't realize there were and are so many Tacoma photographer enthusiast
Nice!!
I don't think I can post most of my latest work to this forum though. NSFW
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #56
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
I do have email and a cell phone. LMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #57
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
lol

Same here. I have a ring flash and was experimenting using it as a main softbox on a stand to get nice round catchlights in her eyes.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #58
Quote:
I do have email and a cell phone. LMAO
I don't mind sharing...
Old 04-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #59
IKA fabrications

Quote:
Wow didn't realize there were and are so many Tacoma photographer enthusiast
Nice!!
With digital cameras being so affordable these days, its easier for people to become hobbists/prosumers and then eventually making jump up to professionals.
The biggest limitation in the old days was film and film processing. Now people can shoot all they want and experiment and learn with no additional costs other than buying a laptop and photoshop.
When I first started as a professional, we shot everything with Hasselblads
Old 04-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #60
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
It was painful when I sold all my medium format film stuff. Then I gave my old Leica rangefinder to my sister (who is an amazing photographer and still shoots a ton of film) and that was the last film camera I had kicking around.