Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Photography??

View Poll Results: What camera are you using?
Cell Phone 80 63.49%
Quick Snap Camera 14 11.11%
Professional Camera 51 40.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #61
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
It was painful when I sold all my medium format film stuff. Then I gave my old Leica rangefinder to my sister (who is an amazing photographer and still shoots a ton of film) and that was the last film camera I had kicking around.
Me too
Because of guys like Denis Reggie, the photojournalistic style wedding photos became really popular here, and everybody wanted their wedding shot on 35mm. The prices of used medium format plummeted back then. Once digital backs for medium format became available and relatively affordable, the prices shot back up again
Old 04-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #62
yarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yarro's Tacoma Gallery
Nice photography page..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
I'm a pro photographer on the side...

http://www.chadstephensonphoto.com/

I have a Canon 5DMKIII and a 1DMKIII, and all L lenses.

That being said, all I ever shoot my truck with is my iPhone.
Checked out your page, very nice images, i am a photographer on the side, but cant afford all the fancy lenses quiet yet, are you willing to sell any since you got all the lenses? currently i am shooting with a MKii with a 135L prime let m eknow
Old 04-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #63
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
Samsung Galaxy S3
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #64
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarro View Post
Checked out your page, very nice images, i am a photographer on the side, but cant afford all the fancy lenses quiet yet, are you willing to sell any since you got all the lenses? currently i am shooting with a MKii with a 135L prime let m eknow
If you'd like a substantial upgrade in camera bodies, I am selling a 1DMKIII.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #65
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
Everytime I'm out & about my 7D goes with me. As far as lenses go I carry a EFs 15-85mm, EF 70-300L, and the EF 40mm STM.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #66
Fidel775 has a spectacular aura aboutFidel775 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Fidel
Fidel775's Tacoma Gallery
I use my iPhone 5, if I had the money I would get a nice DSLR

These are from my iPhone and Instagram filters... lo

I think they are pretty good for a phone and l love how my phone is always with me. 😎
Old 05-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #67
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel775 View Post
I use my iPhone 5, if I had the money I would get a nice DSLR

These are from my iPhone and Instagram filters... lo

I think they are pretty good for a phone and l love how my phone is always with me. ��
Hope you had better luck than me, my iPhone 4S sucks worse than a hooker. I hate this thing. Guess the only thing it's really good with is pictures and video haha. But other than that, call clarity and reception sucks, battery life sucks even when I turn all my apps off I am halfway dead by noon when I barely use it. Sometimes end up charging it twice a day.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #68
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
I use my phone, camera got jacked! Thank you ford for your awesome security systems I can always count on you
Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #69
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Canon 60D with one of a few lenses...

Favorite at the moment is the 50mm f/1.8 prime lens...
Old 05-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #70
bps is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
bps's Tacoma Gallery
I use my Canon 5D Mark III. This pic was taken mid-day with a 24-105L lens, and a Gitzo 3541 tripod with a shutter release and mirror lockup.

Bryan

Old 05-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #71
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
iPhone 5. I don't even have a camera and my phone is always handy for those spur of the moment snap shots
Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #72
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bps View Post
I use my Canon 5D Mark III. This pic was taken mid-day with a 24-105L lens, and a Gitzo 3541 tripod with a shutter release and mirror lockup.

Bryan

Damn that's a sharp looking ride! I love that color
Old 05-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #74
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709GADE View Post
Nikon D5100 35mm F1.8 Prime

Are those tracks going up the trail from you driving the Taco up it?!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #75
709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold

709GADE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Are those tracks going up the trail from you driving the Taco up it?!!!
A little too steep, especially with the crappy Dunflops I have on
Old 05-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #76
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
No love for Micro Four Thirds? You DSLR guys need to lighten up! Olympus E-PL1 with a few small lenses. Sorry, no Tacoma photos from the bottom of Grand Canyon.

9-18mm

20mm/1.7 prime

I'll have to dig up a few Tacoma photos from Utah. If any of you have some old Leica lenses sitting in a drawer, send them my way.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #77
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Canon 60D with one of a few lenses...

Favorite at the moment is the 50mm f/1.8 prime lens...
otherwise known as the thrifty nifty fifty

I have the 50mm 1.4 lens. It is awesome, the bokeh is amazing.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #78
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
No love for Micro Four Thirds? You DSLR guys need to lighten up! Olympus E-PL1 with a few small lenses. Sorry, no Tacoma photos from the bottom of Grand Canyon.

I'll have to dig up a few Tacoma photos from Utah. If any of you have some old Leica lenses sitting in a drawer, send them my way.
I have been pretty intrigued by the micro 4/3 cameras.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #79
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
I have been pretty intrigued by the micro 4/3 cameras.
There's a lot going on in the mirrorless market. I find the size and weight are a good balance for hiking and image quality. I can pack my E-PL1, 9-18, 20, and 45 in a small bag, with a telephoto strapped to the side if needed.

MFT electronic viewfinder & C-AF issues are being addressed, and overall image quality is quite good if your eyes can suffer a 16mp photo (my old E-PL1 is a lowly 12mp camera). MFT still has the edge in lenses, but Sony, Nikon, Fuji, Samsung, and others are hard on their heels. I'd like a weather sealed body, but I'll wait until a global shutter and better C-AF is available before upgrading. Tracking AF can be done with MFT, but it's not nearly as good as what a mirror flipper can do.

It's nice to see all of the good photography on display here. I tire of the fudgy, tilted, cell phone crap. I don't expect excellence when photographing a mud flap, but some minimal effort is appreciated.