Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bent rear axle?

Old 05-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #201
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetpants View Post
Some people are a fucking joke. 10 pages of people trying to give fatherly advice. Stay out of this guys personal business and stick to the question at hand, or don't write anything. Everyone has lied to their parents about something, get over it deuschbags.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #202
ImWarren is on a distinguished road

Name: Warren
ImWarren's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some people are a fucking joke. 10 pages of people trying to give fatherly advice. Stay out of this guys personal business and stick to the question at hand, or don't write anything. Everyone has lied to their parents about something, get over it deuschbags.
^This guy gets it
Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #203
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWarren View Post
^This guy gets it
Well then, be true to yourself.
Jason nailed it.

unsub
Old 05-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #204
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^This guy gets it
No, he doesn't, and obviously neither do you.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #205
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No not yet, but in that post he said the it is possible for the axle shaft to bend. I need to prepare myself for the worst possible scenario. I have an appointment at the shop on monday, they are closed on the weekend. I'll keep you posted if you are still interested.
If the tire isn't wobbling when you drive, then the axle shaft isn't bent. The axle housing may be bent, but even that is unlikely. Just take it to a shop and stop speculating.

An new axle housing is about $940 with shipping when bought online, or about $1100 when bought the dealer's parts counter.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #206
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^This guy gets it
It just means the both of you have some growing up to do.

OP, put a damn level on the wheel and figure out what your camber is sitting at.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #207
StevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud of
Name: Steve
StevoNB's Tacoma Gallery
^Yes, a level will work fine. No level? Park on a flat surface and look down the side of the damn truck comparing the front wheels to the rears. I can tell my GF's Corolla needs an alignment by looking at it in the driveway. It has obvious negative camber in the rear compared to the front.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #208
TRDZR2 is on a distinguished road
TRDZR2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright, If any of you are still interested, I did tell my dad the truth. He's not gonna sell it, but it looks like I have to find a new ride until next semester and a summer job...
Next semester is 3 months away. Cudos for being honest. It's a truck, and it will get fixed. 3 months will go by like it never happened. Don't sweat the small stuff (like a bent axle tube). Do sweat the big stuff, like lying to dad. By the time you graduate, this will be a funny story you share while driving a Land Rover LR10 on 24's (I know not invented yet) to the country club with your second wife named Buffy.

Lesson learned, move on and don't be surprised if you get hazed for being spoiled. It's a middle class - I earned it myself World Wide Web tradition. Most people have summer jobs while in college, so while it might seem strange to you, trust us, it's going to be alright.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #209
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
If the tire isn't wobbling when you drive, then the axle shaft isn't bent. The axle housing may be bent, but even that is unlikely. Just take it to a shop and stop speculating.

An new axle housing is about $940 with shipping when bought online, or about $1100 when bought the dealer's parts counter.
Yep thats right and thats parts only bring your wallet this could cost some cash. You might want to consider auto shop.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #210

Took it to the shop for an alignment today, turns out that was all it needed. I had the mechanic check both front and rear axles and he said he didn't see anything bent and everything seemed fine. I still think the rear looks off, but maybe it's because I'm paranoid. Anyways, thanks for all the help.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDZR2 View Post
Next semester is 3 months away. Cudos for being honest. It's a truck, and it will get fixed. 3 months will go by like it never happened. Don't sweat the small stuff (like a bent axle tube). Do sweat the big stuff, like lying to dad. By the time you graduate, this will be a funny story you share while driving a Land Rover LR10 on 24's (I know not invented yet) to the country club with your second wife named Buffy.

Lesson learned, move on and don't be surprised if you get hazed for being spoiled. It's a middle class - I earned it myself World Wide Web tradition. Most people have summer jobs while in college, so while it might seem strange to you, trust us, it's going to be alright.
This was on point
Old 05-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #212
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
That's great news, right? Now more than likely you get to keep her for the summer and all that kitty kat chasing...
Old 05-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #213
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Everyone has lied to their parents about something, get over it deuschbags.
deuschbags? Is that the German spelling of douchebags or did you mean Germanbags?

Maybe if people don't start mindless ass threads like this then nobody would be commenting on his personal business. Hey, guess what? When you post your personal business on a forum on the internet expect all the shit that has been fucking posted. Here's something else for ya brilliant stance on the matter at hand, everyone may have lied at some point to their parents but aren't ignorant enough to post it up on a public forum asking people's advice about how to make it seem like no stupid shit went down in the unauthorized use of a high dollar gift that was handed to them with the stipulation that it not be abused after one before had been. Douche on that.....