Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Nerf bars

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
happyhnter is on a distinguished road
happyhnter's Tacoma Gallery
Nerf bars

What kind of nerf bars do you recommend?Going to order some soon and looking for suggestions.Thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
I like the FJ style. I have NFab
Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhnter View Post
What kind of nerf bars do you recommend?Going to order some soon and looking for suggestions.Thanks
Depends on your use.

If offroad, all nerf bars/step bars do is lower ur ground clearence......in that case, sliders work better and are much much stronger.

If u don't need to worrk about clearence, then I guess its a matter of looks.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
happyhnter is on a distinguished road
happyhnter's Tacoma Gallery
For my wife to get in. She is only 4'11
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I have Westins and love them..under $200 shipped for my single cab.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a couple of pics..

Old 05-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #7
Brian AutoCustoms is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Brian AutoCustoms's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what you're looking for but here are a few videos so you can see some up close on a Tacoma:
1. Previously mentioned N-Fab - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F0PcJy6gxc
2. Ionic Railways - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o3D64TOpzE
3. One with full step tread - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1G0wojRLUY

RunningBoardWarehouse also has regular nerf bars for $188 in chrome and $179 in black.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
I recently bought the Smittybilt Nfabs. Autoanything has a 15% discount code, no tax and free shipping - came to $280.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
asuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud of
asuchemist's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody heard of Truck Gears Direct? I was looking at the Hunter Blade Series & Black Running Boards? OP let us know what you decide.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
StrikeSwiftly is on a distinguished road
Army: 70TH Engineers
StrikeSwiftly's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have pictures of the Hunters brand side steps?
They look great IMO, I just found a site with them for sale for $110 bucks. Almost seems to good to be true?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhnter View Post
For my wife to get in. She is only 4'11
+1, but I do not have that problem any more. I think first you have to decide between SS or painted. I had black tubes on my F150. I liked the black because truck was white with gold strip on bottom.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
skeighter is on a distinguished road
skeighter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
I have Westins and love them..under $200 shipped for my single cab.

Have the same ones on my double cab. $183 shipped from Autoanything.com. Only took 20 minutes to install.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
asuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud of
asuchemist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeSwiftly View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the Hunters brand side steps?
They look great IMO, I just found a site with them for sale for $110 bucks. Almost seems to good to be true?
Let me know if you picked up the hunter steps. If they look good and are good I want to pick up the black one.

Products Discussed in this Thread