Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lets see those racks!!!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeSwiftly View Post
So under the strip it has holes to bolt in already? Theres no drilling through the roof?
No drilling involved. There are 3 painted pads covering 5 (IIRC) tapped holes on each side. You just take a exacto knife and poke through them and there they are. Nothing to it

Seriously... I put mine on in less than 30 mins and that was while talking to my neighbor.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #22
StrikeSwiftly is on a distinguished road
Army: 70TH Engineers
Name: Chris
StrikeSwiftly's Tacoma Gallery
How difficult was it to take the weather striping off?
Also I am giving you a huge cyber high five, thank you so much for answering that for me.
These are on my short list of mods to do I just think the OEM rack looks SO good on this truck!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeSwiftly View Post
How difficult was it to take the weather striping off?
Also I am giving you a huge cyber high five, thank you so much for answering that for me.
These are on my short list of mods to do I just think the OEM rack looks SO good on this truck!
Weather strip is just in a channel and comes right off. Literally takes 2 secs. to pull off. I recommend cleaning out the channel once you remove the weather striping because on the very back of the cab you will attach a 3m adhesive pad. The 3m pad is pre-stuck to the factory rack.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #25

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post
ive heard its an easy install.
Very easy!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #27
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
Yakima and hi-lift over the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Lets see those racks!!!-image.jpg  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #28
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5w21_Vphbg?hl=en_US
Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShifty View Post
Yakima and hi-lift over the bed.
That looks pretty slick!

Can you post some links to the basket and mount parts?

Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #30
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tico
TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
haha i like it how in the making of this thread i thought i would see a lot of pics of peoples ROOF rack set ups but instead the majority have been bed racks. lol fak me. sike its cool, gives people another idea of how to store things. keep em comin!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #31
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
StickShifty, those rail that are on top of the bed, do they come in the kit or are those the stock rails that you just relocated from the inside edge to the top??

I have a Yakima Skybox that we use for skiing and long trips that goes on my wife's car. It starts to get up there in weight with 5-6 sets of skis and the rest of our gear. With the rail being on top versus on the inside edge it will handle considerably more weight, which is my concern if I/we ever use our Skybox on the Taco.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #32
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Heres my set up. I got the rails and the bajarack for Christmas from my Dad, and havent had a chance to use the rack yet. Soon though.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #33
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tico
TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Heres my set up. I got the rails and the bajarack for Christmas from my Dad, and havent had a chance to use the rack yet. Soon though.

nice set up dude! diggin the color matched front bumper!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #34
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post
nice set up dude! diggin the color matched front bumper!
Thanks!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #35
Adventure Driver
Questor is on a distinguished road

Questor's Tacoma Gallery
Expedition Tacoama

Well...

I just finished this.

The folks at CBI helped me.
Q~
Old 05-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #36
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post
Well...

I just finished this.

The folks at CBI helped me.
Q~
Super jelly.
Very cool set up
Old 05-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #37
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post

looks great!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #39
jhatheway is on a distinguished road

Army: C co 1-134th Longe Range Surveillance
Name: Josh
jhatheway's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.reed.1 View Post
What did you use mount the basket to your bed?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #40
Jrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jake
Jrahn0822's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone woth a rack have their drip mold cab weatherstripping laying around want to part with it?