Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Side Camera option?

Old 04-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
bl78 is on a distinguished road
bl78's Tacoma Gallery
Side Camera option?

Do you think it would be a good option for Toyota to add a side Camera on the Tacoma? Heres a 2013 Accord with a side camera. Start viewing this video at the 00:03:00 mark

http://youtu.be/7Kg1MD8r4j0?t=3m
Old 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's okay. I just find that car manufactures are starting to put these things in(blind spot monitoring for example) and vehicle owners are relying too much on them. I mean that people don't check their blind spots and then this just gives them another reason not to physically check, instead they rely on the camera. Yeah! I have a rear view camera on my Tacoma but I still physically look out the back window rather than relying on the camera. I was taught to rely on my own eyes to when it came to looking for other vehicles, people etc. Not learning how to use a camera to look.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Or you can just pay attention to your driving a bit more and quit being lazy letting technology do all the work for you.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Or you can just pay attention to your driving a bit more and quit being lazy letting technology do all the work for you.
Maybe OP wants it for off roading purposes?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
lol, this is just another one of those things that we don't need BUT people will buy it so it will sell. I wonder what the ratio of crashes from not checking blindspot to crashes due to distractions such as cell phones is.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
lol, this is just another one of those things that we don't need BUT people will buy it so it will sell. I wonder what the ratio of crashes from not checking blindspot to crashes due to distractions such as cell phones is.
I'm sure that there will be some kind of note to remind the driver to physically check their blind spots. I'm sure that the manufactures have to have it so they don't get sued if the driver doesn't look, uses and camera and crashes.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
Turn up the good, turn down the suck!
RPD STARS is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
RPD STARS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
I wouldn't mind a front bumper camera sometimes, it would be handy.
I had the exact same thought a while ago... so i put one in lol. It actually is pretty handy, especially with parking. No more bump stops lol
Old 05-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #12
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Think it would be some thing a motor home might need.