Notices

eibach or OME coils

View Poll Results: which options????
5100s at .85 and eibachs 12 40.00%
5100s at 0 and 885s 16 53.33%
neither, try this instead... 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
eibach or OME coils

I have 5100s on a 2007 access cab. Currently set at 2.5 on stock coils and it rides pretty rough. I want to replace the coils and maintain my ride height while getting a softer ride. Which should i do, add the eibach coils on .85 or 885s on 0. If you have opinions or suggestions please share. THanks!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
I voted. Please don't use that for consideration.. Like 99% here I haven't had the three setups you're discussing. Hopefully someone who has will chime in.

Good luck!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
5100s & 885s

That's what I'm running and it's great on/off road.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100s at .85 and eibach coils. It settled to be a little lower than my buddies 5100 with OR coils at 2.5
Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDJY View Post
I have the 5100s at .85 and eibach coils. It settled to be a little lower than my buddies 5100 with OR coils at 2.5

oooh I love that sig
Old 05-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
5100s @ 2.5 is probably going to be the same as 5100s & eibachs at .85, the eibach coils are pretty stiff.. I'd do 885s.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed 5100s with Eibachs but I'm running the fully adjustable coil over style. I'm running that at about 2in and its a great ride. It hasn't had time to settle yet, but I'll adjust them when it does. More firm than my stock TRD Off Road set up but still far from harsh. I'm very happy with it so far. I've had several shops tell me that OME and 5100's shouldn't be mixed. Not sure why and many on here run and love that combination. I didn't want to mix them and I am glad I went with the setup that I did. My understanding is that the Eibachs purchased through Toytec were made by Eibach as a specific application designed specifically for the 5100. I like this matching.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
Drinknmolson is on a distinguished road
Drinknmolson's Tacoma Gallery
I like everything about OME including the shocks, not against billy's but I have had with great success OME shocks on a 79 fj40, 97 4runner and now my '10 taco! always recommend them and I drive 90% on road but when off road they perform!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
bump...
Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #12
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't you getting a 1/4" steel front bumper OP ?
Old 05-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #13
dirtrider262 is on a distinguished road

dirtrider262's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885x 5100@ 0 is awesome
Old 05-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #14
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakabo View Post
bump...
Why are you bumping? There is more than 1 dedicated thread to OME & eibachs with a plethora of information, plus there are really good opinions already here.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Yes ....
Old 05-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #16
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Aren't you getting a 1/4" steel front bumper OP ?
Bump
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Why not full OME suspension?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #18
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTRD View Post
Why not full OME suspension?
I already have the 5100s. I'm pretty much set on the 885s due to the pending plate bumper, plus then I just need the ome shocks if I do convert.

Thanks for all the input on here and the PMs!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
I just put on some eibach at .85 and i love it. It feels like its only a tad stiffer then stock, which i like for city driving. I haven't had them off road much yet but from the little bit i did they felt nice.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #20
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
eh... what happned..