Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Color-Keyed Emblems, Do they Exist?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Color-Keyed Emblems, Do they Exist?

...or am I losing my mind? I could have swore someone posted where you could get color-keyed emblems so you didn't have to paint. I searched but came up with bupkiss. Having just gone through painting a hood and a Satoshi grill I'm not looking forward to the prep work that would be required to paint these emblems.

Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure you can get black , I think they are Baja emblems , not sure about other colours
Old 04-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
You may be right but I could have swore I saw pictures of a Pyrite Mica (my color) set and everything.
There is a thread about removing them , painting and reapplying them , maybe somebody colour matched them

Old 04-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
There is a thread about removing them , painting and reapplying them , maybe somebody colour matched them

Is that the thread I posted in? I think I found some of those threads discussing removing, prepping, painting and slapping back on but that was like a year ago when I was going to paint mine. I thought that since then I had seen another thread regarding a set of emblems that came painted. Not sure what vehicle that would even be for for Toyota to be making them but ??
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
Commie is on a distinguished road

Navy: FRC West
Name: Andrei
Commie's Tacoma Gallery
You can get painted badges from Toyota. X-Runners come with factory painted badges. They are pretty pricey though and limited to X-Runner colors.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
You can get painted badges from Toyota. X-Runners come with factory painted badges. They are pretty pricey though and limited to X-Runner colors.
That may have been it but that's only available in 4 colors and mine isn't one of them. I could have swore the picture I saw was my color and all the emblems in one picture.

Keep the ideas coming!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
cooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of light

cooktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't find color matched emblems either (pyrite mica). I removed, color matched and replaced. It takes a lot of time to do it right and is a pain in the ass re-applying 3m tape. I would search hard to just buy them if I had to do it again, but I get lots of comments on how good they look.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Were different colors available for the X-Runner for different years, or is it all Speedway Blue, red, black, and whatever the 3rd is?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #10
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooktaco View Post
I couldn't find color matched emblems either (pyrite mica). I removed, color matched and replaced. It takes a lot of time to do it right and is a pain in the ass re-applying 3m tape. I would search hard to just buy them if I had to do it again, but I get lots of comments on how good they look.
Yeah, I remember yours was one that I found when I got the idea (I hate chrome) and did some searching to find details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Were different colors available for the X-Runner for different years, or is it all Speedway Blue, red, black, and whatever the 3rd is?
They made 3 different colors per year but only four colors total.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I believe The Xrunner badges came in black only, and the only two colors available were the two blacks Toyota used over the years...
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #12
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
I believe The Xrunner badges came in black only, and the only two colors available were the two blacks Toyota used over the years...
The "Tacoma" badges are black.
The X-Runner badge, IIRC, is body colored, as is the grille "Yota"