1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog lights on when you want

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by libagui, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Feb 19, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    libagui

libagui [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dominican Republic
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma prerunner
    Bilsteins 5100 set at .085 Rear custom 1" add a leaf 265/70 R17 tires. Custom made aluminum tonneau cover with bike rack. 4x4 conversion with 4Runner transfer case.
    Well, this is the first electrical modification I made and with it is possible to turn fog lights on whenever you want. If you open the attached file you will see fogs light electrical diagram, all you have to do is jump terminals 5 and 1 of the fog lights relay and then cut leg #1 of the relay. To do this I got and old relay that does same G5 Denso relay function so if I want to come back I just have to install the original relay. Later I will post a picture of this variation.
    Notice that by doing this mod fogs will stay on when you turn engine of if you don't turn off fog's switch

116-117.pdf

2. Feb 19, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
  3. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    06yoter

06yoter Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tampa/ Plant City, Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Doug Thorley long tubes, flowmasters, URD TCAI, custom dent in the bed from a fence
    wait are we supposed to cut leg #1 or #5 off of the relay? and what about the jumper?

4. Mar 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    libagui

libagui [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dominican Republic
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma prerunner
    Bilsteins 5100 set at .085 Rear custom 1" add a leaf 265/70 R17 tires. Custom made aluminum tonneau cover with bike rack. 4x4 conversion with 4Runner transfer case.
    Well here are the pictures, any way Delmarva posted two sugestion..that will turn fogs off with ignition out.

Again, Notice that by doing this mod, fogs will stay on when you turn engine off, unless you turn fog's switch off.

here the corrections.

FOG LIGHTS MOD 001.jpg
    FOG LIGHTS MOD 003.jpg
    FOG LIGHTS MOD 005.jpg
    FOG LIGHTS MOD 006.jpg
    FOG LIGHTS MOD 007.jpg

5. Mar 10, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    gonzo6up

gonzo6up Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    tint/ vent visors/ seatbelt chime mod/ DTRL Mod
    looks good man, i will be doing this one soon too.

6. Mar 10, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    meafordmike

meafordmike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    New Brunswick Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4/ 4Dr 6 speed, Sport/ Towing
    Devil Horns, Wet Okoles, WeatherTechs, Radflo Coilovers, OME Dakar's, FJC Gun metal rims, 265/75/16 BFG All Terrain TA/KO, Rear Diff breather Mod,
    I did mine last weekend, but I used the mod in cheap mods to do it, works great

7. Mar 11, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    I just did a mod on my off-road lamps (yeah I know 1st gen). Now when the headlights are off, I can use a switch to turn the off-roads on. When my headlights are on the normal setting, the off-roads are off. When the headlights are on the high setting, the off-roads are controlled with the switch.

I ran the ground from the off-road relay pull in coil to the ground going to the high beams. Since both filaments in the heads are hot, and it's the grounds that get switched in the combi-switch, turning on the high beams supplies ground to the off-road relay pull in coil.

There was enough current leakage on that circuit (I'm still not sure where it's leaking) I had to put a 110 ohm 1/4 watt resistor in series with the pull-in coil ground.

Did that because when I'd head out on the backroads to my girlfriend's house I would have the off-roads and highs on. Once in a while a car would come from the other direction and first I'd have to hit the stalk to kill the highs, then fumble for the switch to kill the off-roads. Now I just turn the highs off and the off-roads go off too.

Products Discussed in

To Top