LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Keyless Entry & Keys

Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #21
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
here's the keys that I got, when I got my truck new. I guess Toyota did away with the valet key at a certain. At first I though it was a master key or something haha

left is my spare, middle -valet key, and the one I use daily.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #22
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
They used too. They no longer come with Valet keys as they were useless anyway.
the valet key that came with my 2009 would start truck and unlock door. I wondered about why Toyota supplied them with trucks that do not have locking glove box. I threw it my duffle bag and had piece of mind while ag ranch or far from home. When I found out that 13s did not come with one I had dealer make a third key. Apparently they had some problems programming it. They were pushing to get me to take truck on last day of month so I used that to get what I wanted.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #23
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ if it ain't a valet key, than it must be a master key of some sort. no
Old 05-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
bobbydraco is on a distinguished road

Name: Bobby
bobbydraco's Tacoma Gallery
thank you!!!! but programing is still more expensive!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 AM   #25
tacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud of
tacoma4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmachine View Post
I'm confused now. I waited for more than an hour for the service department to "program" two extra keys for my 2010, and they said they had difficulty doing it. I have an appointment next week to have the TSB rear spring upgrade installed. I'll get to the bottom of it, for sure.

Mike
With your truck off and key out of the ignition does the immobilizer light blink on the dash? It looks like a car with a key inside it. If so, then you have chipped key.if not, then you don't or shouldn't. The light is left of the clock on mine.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #26
slowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired
Name: Mike
slowmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma4 View Post
With your truck off and key out of the ignition does the immobilizer light blink on the dash? It looks like a car with a key inside it. If so, then you have chipped key.if not, then you don't or shouldn't. The light is left of the clock on mine.
I definitely have the immobilizer system. I had a $2 key made at the hardware store today. It opens the doors, but will not start the truck. I do have the light on the dash next to the clock. It flashes until the chipped key is inserted. With the unchipped key, the light continues to flash and the key will not turn the ignition lock.

I can't begin to guess why my 2010 base model truck with no remote keyless entry would have the immobilizer system but (at least some) later model trucks do not.

Mike
Old 05-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #27
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmachine View Post
I definitely have the immobilizer system. I had a $2 key made at the hardware store today. It opens the doors, but will not start the truck. I do have the light on the dash next to the clock. It flashes until the chipped key is inserted. With the unchipped key, the light continues to flash and the key will not turn the ignition lock.

I can't begin to guess why my 2010 base model truck with no remote keyless entry would have the immobilizer system but (at least some) later model trucks do not.

Mike
Ace hardware store in Rockwall, Tx will make chip keys for about $70. Not sure if the Toyotas are more difficult to program or what. I know with Jeeps and Fords as long as you have 2 chip keys you just follow a sequence of inseting and turning the keys. If you only have one then you are SOL and have to have the dealer do it.