Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech alternative

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #21
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I believe the husky liners are cheaper than weather techs, and are just re-branded weather techs.
No, They are not rebranded Weathertechs. Husky Liners are a seperate company.

I have Husky liners ( classic ). They are Cheaper and cover more floor area than the Weathertech Liners.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #22
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
No, They are not rebranded Weathertechs. Husky Liners are a seperate company.

I have Husky liners ( classic ). They are Cheaper and cover more floor area than the Weathertech Liners.
I may have been thinking of the cabelas then. I know some people have re branded weathertechs. Thought they were husky.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by birry View Post
I think I'm leaning towards the stock Toyota all weather mats. They appear to be of good quality and obviously fit well.
that's what I went with...after buying a set of weathertechs and then seling them here.

I like the OEM rubber mats, they suit my needs.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #24
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I'm leaning towards the stock Toyota all weather mats. They appear to be of good quality and obviously fit well.
Are you talking about these?

If it snows where you live or if you ever get your shoes muddy, then don't waste your money on these mats. I bought all-weather Toyota mats for my wife's RAV4 and hated them. For one, they really smelled-up the car (odd rubber smell). What's worse, when the weather gets bad, the mats don't protect the carpeting along the edges. As a result, the carpeting in my wife's RAV is pretty much ruined because it's caked with road salt and dirt.

I'm diggin' the MAXFLOORMAT's from Kramer Accessories... for $90 for the front mats, they're cheaper than Weather Techs and look decent.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #25
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
Are you talking about these?

I have those. I am happy with them.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #26
Puppypolice78 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Puppypolice78's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I had them too. They sucked. No more (arguably even less) durable than cheapies from Walmart. Wore a hole straight through them where my right heel sat in less than a year. Thankfully I got them for free; I would have been really upset if I'd actually paid the horrendous amount of money Toyota wants for them.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #27
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I may have been thinking of the cabelas then. I know some people have re branded weathertechs. Thought they were husky.
I think you were thinking Cabelas. Husky liners don't look like Weathertech mats at all. Seeing them side by side, the Weathertechs admittingly look better but my Huskys have held up very well for a very long time and were quite a bit cheaper up front.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #28
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppypolice78 View Post

I had them too. They sucked. No more (arguably even less) durable than cheapies from Walmart. Wore a hole straight through them where my right heel sat in less than a year. Thankfully I got them for free; I would have been really upset if I'd actually paid the horrendous amount of money Toyota wants for them.
I think I paid 60bux for the set of 4. horrendous?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #29
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
There is no replacement for Made in USA
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #30
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you ever have dirty feet don't do it.

Ever since the whole sticky gas pedal debacle they have hacked the shit out of them. I had some on my old 06 and they were great but when I got my 12 they were about 6-8 inches shorter. So any dirt on your feet get on the carpet behind the pedals.

I ended up getting the weathertechs and they are just about the perfect floor mat for dirty feet/snowy feet. Except the fact they have the hold down slots in the middle of them. I did get a little snow melt to puddle up and go down the holes. But they feel like they will last forever.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #31
birry is on a distinguished road
Name: Billy
birry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Quote:

One of you lives in Florida. The other lives in Wisconsin. I'm guessing that's the difference. We get about 3-4 good snow storms per year here in OK, and by "good" I mean 6" or so. Sometimes we'll get 8" if its crazy.

Also, this truck will be my daily driver and I'll use it for camping, light offroading, and general hauling of limbs, lumber, rocks, sand, musical equipment, and pulling small trailers. I rarely have super muddy feet or have to contend with weeks of snow/ice/salt.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I had weathertechs in my 2010...and in my 2012 for a few months before switching to the OEM mats.

The weathertechs are a quality product, no doubt. but...I didn't like the plastic feel under foot compared to the rubber.

and I don't like how the weathertecs only cover 1/2 of the left foot rest.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #33
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
As said before but not by me Weather Tech is made in the US and that should mean something. I used them in my Tundra and now have a set in my Taco. I try to buy products made here by American workers. My Taco assembled in California is a example by the UAW local 2244. Before GM shut the Fremont plant down in 2010.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #34
Puppypolice78 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Puppypolice78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
One of you lives in Florida. The other lives in Wisconsin. I'm guessing that's the difference. We get about 3-4 good snow storms per year here in OK, and by "good" I mean 6" or so. Sometimes we'll get 8" if its crazy.

Also, this truck will be my daily driver and I'll use it for camping, light offroading, and general hauling of limbs, lumber, rocks, sand, musical equipment, and pulling small trailers. I rarely have super muddy feet or have to contend with weeks of snow/ice/salt.
North Carolina actually... again, I didn't have a problem with snow, slush, mud etc. It was the fact that I saw gray carpet through the middle of the mat less than a year in. My footwear is not ridiculous either; just regular sneakers or run-of-the-mill police issued boots.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #35
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen the Maxfloormat ones on Ebay for $65, very similar to Weathertech in design, they seem. I've had Husky liners for years but the one thing I don't like is they don't sit flush with the door sill and I've had folks trip over them getting in and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
There is no replacement for Made in USA
You are driving a Japanese vehicle. Granted, most likely made here but still. Just kind of sounds odd to me.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #36
carguysc is a jewel in the roughcarguysc is a jewel in the roughcarguysc is a jewel in the rough
carguysc's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing compares to the Weathertechs. They have a lip just in case something spills in the truck. With regular rubber mats its going to flow out onto the carpet...Didn't drive my truck home until my Weathertechs came
Old 05-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #37
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
If you ever have dirty feet don't do it.

Ever since the whole sticky gas pedal debacle they have hacked the shit out of them. I had some on my old 06 and they were great but when I got my 12 they were about 6-8 inches shorter. So any dirt on your feet get on the carpet behind the pedals.

I ended up getting the weathertechs and they are just about the perfect floor mat for dirty feet/snowy feet. Except the fact they have the hold down slots in the middle of them. I did get a little snow melt to puddle up and go down the holes. But they feel like they will last forever.
That is what I like about the Husky Liners, they don't have any holes in them.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #38

Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetman1979 View Post
As said before but not by me Weather Tech is made in the US and that should mean something. I used them in my Tundra and now have a set in my Taco. I try to buy products made here by American workers. My Taco assembled in California is a example by the UAW local 2244. Before GM shut the Fremont plant down in 2010.
Huskys are also made in USA. Just for the info.

I couldn't care less about a union however.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #39
birry is on a distinguished road
Name: Billy
birry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
North Carolina actually... again, I didn't have a problem with snow, slush, mud etc. It was the fact that I saw gray carpet through the middle of the mat less than a year in. My footwear is not ridiculous either; just regular sneakers or run-of-the-mill police issued boots.
My bad - I was trying to quote Hot Taco's post. I wonder why your mats wore through so quickly. I wonder if you just got a bad one or something. I had one of those cheap little rubber rectangular ones in my old '86 and drove it for 8 years and didn't wear through that thing. I was just a little rubber floor mat - didn't even have one on the passenger side.

My truck has some blemishes inside and out, so spilling things and getting the carpet dirty aren't going to be the end of the world. I'd like to keep it as nice as I can, but I also don't want to baby this thing. I bought this truck used with blemishes for a reason - so I wouldn't have to be so anal about taking care of it.

That said - what's the best in between product (price, size, durability...) from the all weather Tacoma mats to the Weather Techs? Are the all weather mats really any better than the cheapy Michelan mats at Walmart?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #40
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguysc View Post
Nothing compares to the Weathertechs. They have a lip just in case something spills in the truck. With regular rubber mats its going to flow out onto the carpet...Didn't drive my truck home until my Weathertechs came
You mean like the same kind of lip that Husky liners have?

Products Discussed in this Thread