Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech alternative

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #41
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
I also have the Westin's that are made similar to the weathertecs (i.e. with sidewalls all around.)

Like someone above said they fit good but not perfect but are good quality and I am satisfied. Fit perfect over the threshold area but a little tiny bit of slackness on the transmission hump side, not enough to worry me. A little extra velcro on that side will fix that.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #42
rev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant future
Name: Al
rev25sharp's Tacoma Gallery
post a poll and weathertechs will win in a landslide
Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #43
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
I bought these....

from a guy on TW. They are identical to weathertechs and cheaper than weathertech and husky. I paid for them and had them in my truck in about three days. I love them. $130 bucks
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ta-tacoma.html
Are they still available, and do they have a F&R set for 2013 access cabs?
Old 06-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #44
MarkG52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
MarkG52's Tacoma Gallery
I just put a set of OEM All Weather in mine. Like someone said, they were a little funky smelling at first. They for sure aren't the Quadratec mats I had in my Jeep, but I think they will be just fine for me, it's not a daily driver. Got mine from TRDparts4you.com out of Dallas. $70.00 plus $14.00 shipping.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #45
4byota is on a distinguished road
4byota's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a set of Weather Tech mats for $72 used on Amazon. Should be here soon. I have put these in the last few vehicles and won't get anything else...
Old 06-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #46
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my truck with Husky liners and they are all curled up on the sides. They hold water and snow good but lots of crap gets on the carpet under the sides. I wouldn't buy them again. I am going to replace them with WeatherTechs.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #47
imDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Darrin
imDARRIN's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how THESE would compare..
Old 06-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #48
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imDARRIN View Post
I wonder how THESE would compare..
Read through the 23 pages of that thread on tundratalk...it seems everyone who ordered those and got them (there was some confusion initially on when they were first shipped, but it got straightened out) was very impressed with 3D mats compared to WT and/or Husky, and most stated they would never go back to either of those two after receiving and installing 3D floor liners.

I have an email in to Joe, who posted the thread initially, about a set for my 2013 Tacoma Access Cab, as well as a set for my wife's 2012 Honda Civic sedan...we'll see what he says.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #49

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
Read through the 23 pages of that thread on tundratalk...it seems everyone who ordered those and got them (there was some confusion initially on when they were first shipped, but it got straightened out) was very impressed with 3D mats compared to WT and/or Husky, and most stated they would never go back to either of those two after receiving and installing 3D floor liners.

I have an email in to Joe, who posted the thread initially, about a set for my 2013 Tacoma Access Cab, as well as a set for my wife's 2012 Honda Civic sedan...we'll see what he says.
Purchased a set of front and rear floor liners from 3D for my access cab, as well as my wife's 2012 Honda Civic sedan. I am impressed with the fit and functionality of the 3D liners. I have had two sets of Weathertech liners on two vehicles in the past, including my 2005 Tacoma DC, and I prefer the 3D liners for the way they fit, work, and look. If anyone is interested, I can post photos. If not, oh well. I'm happy. The Tacoma front liners lined up with the twist style retainers perfectly.

BTW, the two sets of front and rear black floor liners was $285 with free shipping.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #50
brian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Brian
brian0128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
Purchased a set of front and rear floor liners from 3D for my access cab, as well as my wife's 2012 Honda Civic sedan. I am impressed with the fit and functionality of the 3D liners. I have had two sets of Weathertech liners on two vehicles in the past, including my 2005 Tacoma DC, and I prefer the 3D liners for the way they fit, work, and look. If anyone is interested, I can post photos. If not, oh well. I'm happy. The Tacoma front liners lined up with the twist style retainers perfectly.

BTW, the two sets of front and rear black floor liners was $285 with free shipping.
I'd like to see pictures of the 3D mats installed.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #51

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian0128 View Post
I'd like to see pictures of the 3D mats installed.
DS front

DS view rear

PS front

PS view rear
Old 06-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #52
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
3d's for the win. I just got a set for my tundra and there great. I like them a lot more then the weather techs I had in my tacoma.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #53

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
3d's for the win. I just got a set for my tundra and there great. I like them a lot more then the weather techs I had in my tacoma.
Agreed.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #54
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
oooooh thanks for the 3d pics! I found some on ebay the other day and wondered if anyone had tried them. $150 plus free shipping for both rows (access cab), or $86 & free shipping for just the front row.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #55

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post
oooooh thanks for the 3d pics! I found some on ebay the other day and wondered if anyone had tried them. $150 plus free shipping for both rows (access cab), or $86 & free shipping for just the front row.
No problem. Glad to help.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #56
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
My husky liners I bought used are getting worn and ugly now. Flipping up at the sides. They're cheaper and kinda suck compared to WT. I put my new weathertechs in a day or two ago and they're awesome.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #57
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post
I remember seeing these on eBay, didn't realize they were the 3D ones until you posted this! Awesome! These look awesome in the pics glwood6 posted!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #58
Crooked Beat is on a distinguished road
Crooked Beat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
That is what I like about the Husky Liners, they don't have any holes in them.
Best reason to get Husky - no holes. Anyone living where it snows should choose Huskys. No holes for snow and salt to deposit.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #59
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
You guys probably won't believe me if I told you but I have had these mats since I bought my 2001 Chevy HD Duramax. They are Rubbermaid mats and they fit damn near perfect in every vehicle I have had since. Yes they aren't "custom" made but they work perfect and have deep channels for dirt and mud. I paid under $10 for each one. They still look brand new. Only thing is I haven't seen them around Wal-Mart in a while. I'm sure they are on amazon or somewhere like that.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #60
SABAJA is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AFSOC
SABAJA's Tacoma Gallery
^^^LOL. I have the same ones in my Tundra. For the Tacoma however, I'm splurging on these 3D liners. The Tundra is more of a work truck anyway and I don't care as much if a few things get a little dirty.

Products Discussed in this Thread