Notices

WeatherTech alternative

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
birry is on a distinguished road
Name: Billy
birry's Tacoma Gallery
WeatherTech alternative

Any suggestions? I went to Walmart yesterday and looked at their floor mat selection - mostly cheap stuff that looked like it might rub through after a couple years. I drive a 2008 double cab.

What's the best alternative to the WeatherTechs? I really don't want to spend $100+ on floor mats, personally. I'd like to spend maybe $50-75 if possible and get a slight upgrade from the cheapo Walmart mats.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the husky liners are cheaper than weather techs, and are just re-branded weather techs.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay has sets of TRD Off Road mats, the original all weather, the new all weather, carpeted TRD mats, etc. I saw a set of the new all terrian mats for about $60 shipped
Old 05-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
I bought these....

from a guy on TW. They are identical to weathertechs and cheaper than weathertech and husky. I paid for them and had them in my truck in about three days. I love them. $130 bucks
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ta-tacoma.html
Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
fritzthecat will become famous soon enough

Navy:
fritzthecat's Tacoma Gallery
Westin All weather floor mats. U$ 66 and free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/72-120032-Sure...estin+floormat

Have these in my truck. Good (not perfect) fit. 1/2 price of weathertechs.

Fritz
Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
birry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
I bought these from a guy on TW. They are identical to weathertechs and cheaper than weathertech and husky. I paid for them and had them in my truck in about three days. I love them. $130 bucks
Pardon me for asking, but aren't weathertechs around $120? I'm looking to spend $75 or less on them.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I believe the husky liners are cheaper than weather techs, and are just re-branded weather techs.
I think cabellas is the same deal
Old 05-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
birry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
Ebay has sets of TRD Off Road mats, the original all weather, the new all weather, carpeted TRD mats, etc. I saw a set of the new all terrian mats for about $60 shipped
How do they hold up? Anyone have experience keeping them for a while?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
custom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to all

Army: 5/19 SFG(A)
custom90gt's Tacoma Gallery
Buy American, buy weathertech...

The ones fritz linked look good and are cheap. Also check the for sale section, you can find some good deals there on used weathertechs...
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by birry View Post
Pardon me for asking, but aren't weathertechs around $120? I'm looking to spend $75 or less on them.

I didn't look at what truck you are driving Sorry, I put these in a 13 double cab I believe the weathertechs for my truck were more like 170 or so.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Husky Liners. Mine have held up now for almost 6 years and still going strong. They are cheaper than Weathertech and seem to be good quality.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
birry's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a little concerned with the size of the WeatherTechs. They seem to be pretty bulky. I almost think I'd like something a little less bulky, but still durable. Maybe even just a less molded and more flat type mat.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
tn2012taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Nathan
tn2012taco's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking for less molded, and more flat, then go with the stock all-weather mats that come in the new tacos. I've seen a set of huskyliners over the past tens years, the door sill spot likes to curl over from getting in and out, but other than that, they've held up amazingly. Personally, I have a set of weathertechs, and my interior would probably be ruined without them. They aren't thick or bulky really, they just cover the floor with a very durable material.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
birry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn2012taco View Post
If you're looking for less molded, and more flat, then go with the stock all-weather mats that come in the new tacos. I've seen a set of huskyliners over the past tens years, the door sill spot likes to curl over from getting in and out, but other than that, they've held up amazingly. Personally, I have a set of weathertechs, and my interior would probably be ruined without them. They aren't thick or bulky really, they just cover the floor with a very durable material.
That's more what I'm worried about. I think I'd like something more slim or simple.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking for the standard all weather toyota mats you can probably score a set cheap off of here. A lot of guys go for the weather techs and sell the all weather or carpeted ones that come with the truck.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by birry View Post
I'm a little concerned with the size of the WeatherTechs. They seem to be pretty bulky. I almost think I'd like something a little less bulky, but still durable. Maybe even just a less molded and more flat type mat.
I have these for sale if you are interested. $75 shipped.

Matt
Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #19
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
I bought husky ones, used. Fit fine. Check your local craigslist.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #20
birry's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm leaning towards the stock Toyota all weather mats. They appear to be of good quality and obviously fit well.

Products Discussed in this Thread