Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Old Keyless remote clicker to new truck?

Old 05-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
ChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
ChiefManyWrenches's Tacoma Gallery
Old Keyless remote clicker to new truck?

I still have an extra keyless remote clicker fob for my 2010 that got wrecked. Is it possible to reprogram that to work with my newer 2011 or should I just toss it in the trash? I just called the local dealership an the parts/service guy said it's a no go but I am not sure he even knew what I was asking.

"Uhhhh welll uhhh probably not man, uhh you want me to ask my boss?" I'm good buddy, have a nice day.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
dont toss it sell it if you cant use it
Old 05-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Old 05-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Check out a recent thread. I posted a step-by-step procedure ... it should work ...
"Key Fob Questions"

Just like the guy ahead of me ...
Old 05-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
ChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
ChiefManyWrenches's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I was a bit weary at first as the procedure read more like a practical joke. I didn't do it right the first time but on the 2nd it did work and I was able to program the old key fob to my new truck. This is awesome, now I have one to weatherproof and hide under my truck somewhere in case of emergencies. Thanks 4runnerSeth!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefManyWrenches View Post
Well, I was a bit weary at first as the procedure read more like a practical joke.
Glad it worked for you. Sounded like something from Twister...stand on left foot, put left finger in right ear......sing Mary Had a Little Lamb...

It's a keeper, printing it out.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
03DBLCABTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it can be difficult to master. I had to program 30 remotes for a fleet of Pontiac vibe/ Toyota matrix. Once you get it down goes much faster.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
My neighbor came over ... he had been watching and thought I was crazy ... looked at the instructions and thought someone was pulling my leg. He sat in the passenger seat and read the directions and freaked as the locks started cyling.