Notices

Rear brakes changeout?????

Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Jepaton is on a distinguished road

Air Force: CE
Name: Josh
Jepaton's Tacoma Gallery
Rear brakes changeout?????

Has anyone heard or done changed their rear brakes with the Four Runner rear braking system on a 2nd Gen Tacoma
Old 05-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepaton View Post
Has anyone heard or done changed their rear brakes with the Four Runner rear braking system on a 2nd Gen Tacoma
They are pretty much the same as any other Toyota rear drum setup. I see you have a 2011, I wouldn't think you need new rear brakes so soon. Are you having an issue?

Never mind I misread your post.

You want to install a Four Runner Rear Brake System on the Tacoma? Why?
Old 05-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
They are pretty much the same as any other Toyota rear drum setup. I see you have a 2011, I wouldn't think you need new rear brakes so soon. Are you having an issue?

Never mind I misread your post.

You want to install a Four Runner Rear Brake System on the Tacoma? Why?
I thought the 4 runners has disk all the way around? Either may i would not put disk in the rear. truck stops very very well, even on wet roads. also has best stopping distance in itís class.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
It would also involve proportioning issues between front and rear brakes.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...07-tacoma.html

closest thing I can think of. he said abs was plug and play. . . . . he never mentioned proportioning though but im assuming it is electronic and self adjusting these days right? even without vsc?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #6

Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
ABS might be plug and play, but the pressure supplied between the rear for disk brakes over what is needed for drum brakes would be a big difference. His post also stated " Without VSC ".
Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
right but what im getting at is that vsc proportions 4 wheels, independently, to keep from sliding or rolling or whatever. so whatever proportioning valve is used under "normal" conditions can be over-ridden. I believe abs controls the 4wheels independently too, so no matter what, no lockup; even though the rear is more powerful than the valve expected. its over ridden.

these are questions as much as they are statements. looking for feedback