Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Questions

Old 05-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
asuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud of
asuchemist's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Questions

I switched from a Accord Coupe to an '11 Taco about 1 month ago. I just had a couple of concerns about the truck on what is normal and not normal.

Is this common:
  • Engine Ticking noise
  • When you first start your car or at an intersection while on the brake the truck lunges
  • Suspension sag (truck appears to lean one way)
  • Can't see radio display while using Poloraized glasses
  • ~20MPG (v6)
  • Bug shield scratching hood (removed shield)
  • A lot of people staring at your truck
  • Tacoma owners park by each other
Thanks for any input
Old 05-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Ragin Cajun
Plik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant future

Plik's Tacoma Gallery
lol, all normal
Old 05-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Is this common:

Engine Ticking noise - Yes
When you first start your car or at an intersection while on the brake the truck lunges - Yes, caused by the a/c compressor
Suspension sag (truck appears to lean one way) - Yes, called "Taco Lean"
Can't see radio display while using Poloraized glasses - Yes
~20MPG (v6) - Yes, that's what I average (4x4 will be worse)
Bug shield scratching hood (removed shield) - Yes, but try a Weathertech bug deflector
A lot of people staring at your truck - Of course
Tacoma owners park by each other - Yes

And before you ask...Yes, your bank account will be noticeably smaller thanks to never ending mods, accessories, etc.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
all normal noises and such with mine...
enjoy the TACOMA!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
asuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud ofasuchemist has much to be proud of
Awesome. Thanks for the replies. Can't wait till customize.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
All normal things of owning a Taco. welcome aboard
Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
When you first start your car or at an intersection while on the brake the truck lunges - Yes, caused by the a/c compressor will do this in defrost mode as well.
Suspension sag (truck appears to lean one way) - Yes, called "Taco Lean" are you lifted? the stock taco should not sag on one side..

I elaborated on 2 things..
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
When you first start your car or at an intersection while on the brake the truck lunges - Yes, caused by the a/c compressor will do this in defrost mode as well.

Yes, I believe the A/C was on when I noticed the lunge.

Suspension sag (truck appears to lean one way) - Yes, called "Taco Lean" are you lifted? the stock taco should not sag on one side..

I am running the stock Sport shock. I think I tilt slightly to the left. I noticed another Tacoma Offroad slightly tilted to the right. Something different I guess.

I elaborated on 2 things..
Thanks
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #9
skeighter is on a distinguished road
skeighter's Tacoma Gallery
You're getting ~20 mpg???? Consider yourself blessed :-)
Most I've gotten is 18.5 with mixed driving. Think we're still burning
winter gas here in CA though.