Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who uses their tacoma for landscaping? Photos?

Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
VTacoma2013 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
VTacoma2013's Tacoma Gallery
Who uses their tacoma for landscaping? Photos?

I plan on using the new truck to pull a 6x12 enclosed trailer with a zero turn and push mowers. Who on here uses their Tacoma for Landscaping/Handyman work? Do you have photos of your truck and equipment?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
calebm12 is on a distinguished road

calebm12's Tacoma Gallery
Does pulling bushes count as using it for landscaping :-)
Old 05-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Put a light on that flag.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
calebm12 is on a distinguished road

calebm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
Put a light on that flag.
Got one. Redoing all the beds then will be shining bright
Old 05-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
Harry Hood is on a distinguished road

Harry Hood's Tacoma Gallery
I will take some pictures tomorrow. I own a landscaping company in colorado and use my '13 double cab as a work / play truck. I I usually pull my 12x6 with 2 walker riders. Pulls it just fine. Was pulling my trailer with a dura max but was a bit over kill so that truck is used for pulling our 14' dump trailer
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Jux's Tacoma Gallery
The 4x2 base Tacomas seem really popular with landscaping and pest control companies in the southwest.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
No way! My taco might get dirty
Or even worse a scratch!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of gardeners in my area have tacomas.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
vtdog will become famous soon enough
vtdog's Tacoma Gallery
I put a full yard of compost or soil in the bed every spring and have loaded it with 1200 pounds of lime in 50lb bags. All trips without any problems, but I have had the leaf spring TSB done
Old 05-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery

jobsite lights

2400lbs of concrete

pouring a wall, finish at 9pm

my irrigation set up

total weight: about 3700lbs

any questions?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
Harry Hood is on a distinguished road

Harry Hood's Tacoma Gallery
Great pictures. Looks like mine
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I do my own landscaping. A few weeks ago I accidentally had a ton of dirt dumped into the bed of my truck. I was only going to have him dump half in but he dumped it all before I could say anything. Oops! Had about an inch between my bump stops and the frame. I only had a few miles to drive, but I felt bad about it.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hood View Post
Great pictures. Looks like mine
Thanks! Yeah, I have airbags, and I wouldn't suggest loading it like i do
Old 05-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #15
Banned
Fun with 45's today

This landscape is about 6 months old now

Old 05-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #16
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if this counts, but am posting it anyway. I only do this in the fall for picking up leaves. We have a 2 acre yard and it has 7 gigantic cottonwood trees in it, all are over 100 years old so you can imagine the leaf output! It took an entire weekend to do it all this year. I use the lawnmower with the bagger to drive laps around the yard picking up leaves. This time, due to a snowstorm a couple weeks in advance it took longer because it had packed the leaves all down really bad. As you can see, my dog is my lil helper, her job was to pack the leaves down in the bed so I could get the most out of the loads. I've found this is the best method since the bags on the mower fill up so fast, sometimes they are jammed full in 20 yards of mowing. Before, I had to make thousands of trips back and forth to the much pile and it was not only time consuming, but burned up a bunch of gas in the mower. Using the truck method is way better. This load pictured was the last of the day, and it was also the worst because all those leaves were the wettest, they were up against the house in the shade so the sun couldn't dry them out like the others. Pulled a muscle in my back trying to wrestle them out. Good thing it was the last load because I couldn't have done any more for a few days. I also use it to haul firewood up to the house in the winter, but haven't got any pictures of that. Maybe next winter, but woodstove season is over. I only burn firewood in the dead of winter when it's bitterly cold, otherwise the natural gas heater does fine.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #17
VTacoma2013 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
VTacoma2013's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Not sure if this counts, but am posting it anyway. I only do this in the fall for picking up leaves. We have a 2 acre yard and it has 7 gigantic cottonwood trees in it, all are over 100 years old so you can imagine the leaf output! It took an entire weekend to do it all this year. I use the lawnmower with the bagger to drive laps around the yard picking up leaves. This time, due to a snowstorm a couple weeks in advance it took longer because it had packed the leaves all down really bad. As you can see, my dog is my lil helper, her job was to pack the leaves down in the bed so I could get the most out of the loads. I've found this is the best method since the bags on the mower fill up so fast, sometimes they are jammed full in 20 yards of mowing. Before, I had to make thousands of trips back and forth to the much pile and it was not only time consuming, but burned up a bunch of gas in the mower. Using the truck method is way better. This load pictured was the last of the day, and it was also the worst because all those leaves were the wettest, they were up against the house in the shade so the sun couldn't dry them out like the others. Pulled a muscle in my back trying to wrestle them out. Good thing it was the last load because I couldn't have done any more for a few days. I also use it to haul firewood up to the house in the winter, but haven't got any pictures of that. Maybe next winter, but woodstove season is over. I only burn firewood in the dead of winter when it's bitterly cold, otherwise the natural gas heater does fine.

Is you dog the Super on this job?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #19
porchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
porchop's Tacoma Gallery
how many yards of mulch did you guys fit in a 6.5ft bed? 1yrd?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJYota View Post
how many yards of mulch did you guys fit in a 6.5ft bed? 1yrd?
I hauled home 1 yard of mulch a few days ago.. filled it right to the brim but not over. I was about 1.5" above the bump stops. Like moondeath said above.. felt a bit bad, but it rode fine the whole way home.