Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wet Okle install tips...

Old 05-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okle install tips...

Did a few searches and went to Wet Okle's site. Might still be a dumb question, but do we have to take our front seats out to install the seat cushion part? Seems impossible to get those straps to connect unless you take the seats out. Sorry Wet Okle's site only showed installing the rear. Thanks for any advice
Old 05-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
not necessary but a heck of a lot easier
Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
not necessary but a heck of a lot easier
Figured, pretty much unbolt the 4 bolts holding the seat and pull the sensors? Ha so much for some damn seat covers!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
yep thats all there is to it. I think it was a total of about an hour for the fronts, thats removing and reinstalling the seats in the truck
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
yep thats all there is to it. I think it was a total of about an hour for the fronts, thats removing and reinstalling the seats in the truck
Gotcha thanks bud
Old 05-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
no problem!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #7
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I almost pulled my seats out, but then just gave it a try with them in. I found that by adjusting the straps to their longest length, it wasn't too bad to get everything attached and cinched up. The first front seat, about 15 min. and the second about 5 min. The rear seats took about 10 min. total. I will agree with previous posts that it would be easier to put the covers on the seats with them out. I just didn't feel like doing it.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
I almost pulled my seats out, but then just gave it a try with them in. I found that by adjusting the straps to their longest length, it wasn't too bad to get everything attached and cinched up. The first front seat, about 15 min. and the second about 5 min. The rear seats took about 10 min. total. I will agree with previous posts that it would be easier to put the covers on the seats with them out. I just didn't feel like doing it.
I just don't see how anyone can get their hand back there to connect straps etc. without taking them out.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . .
Old 05-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #10
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJump View Post
I just don't see how anyone can get their hand back there to connect straps etc. without taking them out.
It's definitely tight, but if you lengthen the straps as much as possible, you can get them to where they are pretty easily accessible, and I don't have skinny arms or very dextrous fingers. Not trying to bash the seat removal method though, it may just be easier for you to take them out.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #11
SeattleStones is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Recently retired after 25 years.
Name: Mike
SeattleStones's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole

I've had Wet Okole on every vehicle, to include my Tacoma, never even crossed my mind to take the seats out. You can get them in there, trust me!