Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Better Front License plate mount

Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
jrubicon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
jrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
Better Front License plate mount

Got my truck a few days ago and im already busy with custom fabs.

this one just moved the lic plate up, making airflow to radiator better. the only holes i did are under the plastic, nothing in the front. Used scrap aluminum. Ill be making more custom pieces on this truck, welder fabricator here...

BEFORE-

Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
When I mounted my plate, I tried going up high. It just didn't look right.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
StrikeSwiftly is on a distinguished road
Army: 70TH Engineers
Name: Chris
StrikeSwiftly's Tacoma Gallery
Wow OP, im amazed at how tight of a spot you got that truck in!

Plate relocation looks good IMO.
Will be interesting to see what types of things you come up with.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! Now to get rid of that tacky plate cover.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
why some states still require a front tag is beyond me.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Jux's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
why some states still require a front tag is beyond me.
It's been years since I've seen someone chasing the cops here but the state still wants me to have mine ...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Did you crawl out thru the rear slider? lol. Nice plate mount btw
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
jrubicon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
jrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
stay in point guys, licens plate not garage space, lol.

Ya, you can get a ticket without front plates in CA, mostly just the desparate cops. To be honest, every car ive had, ive never put front plates on. But i have custom plates i want to put on from my old truck. KRTHALR

Next project, alum flush tonneau cover.

oh yeah, garage is a tight fit only park it in at night. im 130 lbs, i fit anywhere, your sister? lol jk
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Did you consider rubber washers on the bolts and 2 rubber spacers up front to eliminate damage to the plastic from vibrations? Even 2 way 3M foam tape would work.

I'll leave the sister comment alone in the interest of staying on topic
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #10
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrubicon View Post
stay in point guys, licens plate not garage space, lol.

Ya, you can get a ticket without front plates in CA, mostly just the desparate cops. To be honest, every car ive had, ive never put front plates on. But i have custom plates i want to put on from my old truck. KRTHALR

Next project, alum flush tonneau cover.

oh yeah, garage is a tight fit only park it in at night. im 130 lbs, i fit anywhere, your sister? lol jk
in Texas you see several people every day with front plates on the dash. Also, a lot of people (mostly in BMers, etc.) think they can put a personal plate on the front. Obviously the law is not enforced here. I am looking for a light bar for my 13 and noticed a lot of them cover up the plate. A couple of years ago Tx passed a law that a frame cannot even cover part of lettering on plate. Why they pass these stupid laws is beyond me.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
bfoxglove is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
bfoxglove's Tacoma Gallery
any plans on selling these?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
just wrap it around the lower cross bar, no need for a bracket...

looks like this from the side

Old 08-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #13
Flash1964 is on a distinguished road
Flash1964's Tacoma Gallery
Nice mount. Here in VA you must have one. I know several people who have gotten tickets.