Notices

2nd gen Tacoma with thoughts of 2013 parts

Old 05-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
Coreycope is on a distinguished road
Army: Route clearance, 875th engineer battalion, 1039th route clearance company
Coreycope's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen Tacoma with thoughts of 2013 parts

Hello,
I am new to the site and new to the Tacoma world. I jus recently bought a wrecked 2009 double cab 4x4 Tacoma. It's been lightly hit in the front end. I was wondering if anybody has tried or new anybody who has put 2013 hood, fenders, head lights, grille, and bumper on a older one? Or if its even possible?? Also I was wondering if you have to change the fenders for the new head lights to fit. I'm just curious to know what all changed in the new look, wether it is jus the front cap or if the rear is different. I called my local Toyota dealership and they couldn't tell me what had changed.. If any body has any input it would greatly appreciated.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
There have been a few people do a conversion, it gets expensive if you buy the parts from the factory but cheaper if you pull the parts from a totaled taco.

I attempted a conversion on my 11 at one point, you will need the hood, headlights, grill, bumper and the plastic retainers (the small pieces above the bumper but below the headlights)
Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Search members for RAD. Don't know if that is his exact username, but it should turn up some things.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Search members for RAD. Don't know if that is his exact username, but it should turn up some things.
Yeah, if I remember correctly, he's the one that had Burt do his retros.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Before

After

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-perfect.html
Old 05-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
So the 09 fenders will work with the new front cap? I noticed the headlights are different so I wasn't sure how different.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
Also was there any changes to the rear bumper or anything else? And I haven't seen a 13" model with the hood scoop. Is it a option..?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if there is any differences from rear bumpers but I do know that vendors make aftermarket rear bumpers for 12+ also there are plenty of 12-13s with skewps. fenders stayed the same.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreycope View Post
So the 09 fenders will work with the new front cap? I noticed the headlights are different so I wasn't sure how different.
yes and only the part closest to the grille is different
Quote:
Also was there any changes to the rear bumper or anything else? And I haven't seen a 13" model with the hood scoop. Is it a option..?
Look at my sig pic.. looks exactly the same

Edit: Rear bumpers are exactly the same as well
Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
Ok thanks for the help, fixing to start looking for parts.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #11

Ill have a SW bumper with fogs this summer if you wanna pay shipping, I also have a spare 12 grill if you wanna make an offer
Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok thanks for the help, fixing to start looking for parts.
Good luck! you should post some pics of your work would be nice to see.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #13
what is a sw bumper? and is the grille paintable?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #14

Quote:
what is a sw bumper? and is the grille paintable?
Super white lol and yes.. sand it down and paint it whatever color you want
Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersx View Post
Good luck! you should post some pics of your work would be nice to see.
i will post pics when the truck gets here wrecked and as it comes together!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Super white lol and yes.. sand it down and paint it whatever color you want
how much for both? and is the grille sw?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #17

Quote:
how much for both? and is the grille sw?
$175 or offer for bumper plus fogs and $95 for grill plus shipping. And yes it is but it could be painted again
Old 05-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
$175 or offer for bumper plus fogs and $95 for grill plus shipping. And yes it is but it could be painted again
well luckily the truck is white. is there any issues with the grille and bumper? broken tabs or paint issues? pm me with a contact and il text you.

If anybody else has headlights the retainer or a hood with scoop il be in the market for them....