Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Time-lapse - Pop & Lock Locking Tailgate Handle

Old 05-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Wisaunders is on a distinguished road
Wisaunders's Tacoma Gallery
Time-lapse - Pop & Lock Locking Tailgate Handle

Here's a quick time-lapse video of me installing my Pop & Lock handle. Really easy to install but the fit and quality is lacking in my opinion. Until I hear about something better, it'll have to do. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/Xu_sgJTLSPs
Old 05-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Vid. I have been on the fence about one of those myself.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
aucat77 is on a distinguished road
aucat77's Tacoma Gallery
Did you a back-up camera? I have a PL5304 on order. Kinda hesitant about installing it myself for fear of messing up the backup camera.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aucat77 View Post
Did you a back-up camera? I have a PL5304 on order. Kinda hesitant about installing it myself for fear of messing up the backup camera.
I ordered the same set up from what I have seen there is no problem with the camera.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
cotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to behold
Firefighter: Tail boarder
Name: Jeff
cotaco05's Tacoma Gallery
I had the dynolock on my 2005, ordering one for 2011 soon. I was really pleased with quality and function. It's a clean install and works off power locks, so it is keyless.

Here is the link
www.dynolockproducts.com
Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
Cool thanks I will check that one out as well
Old 05-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisaunders View Post
Here's a quick time-lapse video of me installing my Pop & Lock handle. Really easy to install but the fit and quality is lacking in my opinion. Until I hear about something better, it'll have to do. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/Xu_sgJTLSPs
How do you figure the fit and quality is lacking??? I have the same pop and lock handle and it's like oem fit and quality. Took about 10 mins to install.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by aucat77 View Post
I do have the camera. Was very easy to install, I would definitely do it yourself!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
How do you figure the fit and quality is lacking??? I have the same pop and lock handle and it's like oem fit and quality. Took about 10 mins to install.
The left side is not snug. I tried to take it off again to see if I could fix that but one of the receiving bolts is just spinning around in the plastics now so I can't loosen or tight it. Works Ok but I expected better. I think the original handle's plastic is finished better too.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisaunders View Post
The left side is not snug. I tried to take it off again to see if I could fix that but one of the receiving bolts is just spinning around in the plastics now so I can't loosen or tight it. Works Ok but I expected better. I think the original handle's plastic is finished better too.
hmmm odd, sounds like you stripped the threads on the stud or nuts maybe. they do offer a new kit that has the OEM finish. That's the only thing I can think is the "minor" flaw about this kit.