Notices

3" lift "poll"

View Poll Results: which lift?
3" lift kit with Bilstein 5100 Height Adj. Coilovers 73 35.96%
Ultimate lift kit for 2005 & UP Tacoma 27 13.30%
ICON stage 1 Tacoma suspension 103 50.74%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
yota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota4Whelz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
yota4Whelz's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift "poll"

ok so i know the subject has been beaten to death and ive done all the research on here i could (which is a s#%t ton) but im still undecided on what lift to get so i wanted to create a poll. im undecided btw thses lifts:

3" lift kit with Bilstein 5100 Height Adj. Coilovers $919

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Ultimate lift kit for 2005 & UP Tacoma $1179

ICON stage 1 Tacoma suspension $1373

so its btwn these 3 lifts...thanks for your input ahead of time..help me decide!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Thread tools at the top right of the post, there is a drop down menu with a poll option.

Of those 3, if you got the coin, get icon.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
All three are good kits...but yes..if you have the money..go with Icon kit.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
do not see the poll
my pick # 3
icon stage 3
Old 05-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
it is up now!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota4Whelz View Post
what makes the icons that much better?
Tune-ability. There are tons of threads on Icon vs King, Icon vs Fox.. you get the idea.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
billy setup if your not planning on weight ie bumpers an extra battey, etc etc etc
Old 05-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i may snag a brute force hybrid bumper in the future but only after i lift it
then i would avoid the eibachs/billy setup. i have my eibachs at the middle setting, which they state is 3+", but at this point it still sits nose heavy.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is it THAT much better?
Yes
Old 05-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
Vantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
I would go OME over the bilstein setup, and its just as cheap.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
I would go OME over the bilstein setup, and its just as cheap.
OME is more expensive
Old 05-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
Vantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $780 for my OME kit with AAL.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
I paid $780 for my OME kit with AAL.
That is not the full kit.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #19

Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
It is the full kit, minus longer U-bolts.

I got the coilovers built by Toytec, and did the install of everything myself.

There are many 5% off coupons online. Just google Toytec coupon codes.

Total comes to $834 for the full kit, with Coilovers built before any discount

5% off = $790

I got a local spring store to bend up U-bolts for $10.

So yes, I was wrong on my guess by $20.
Still significantly cheaper than any above setup.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #20
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
No.. full kit includes dakars and costs around $1200-1300