Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Removing Dealer Sticker

Old 02-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Mustang Paul will become famous soon enoughMustang Paul will become famous soon enough

Mustang Paul's Tacoma Gallery
Question Removing Dealer Sticker

What is the best way to remove the dealer applied sticker on the tail gate? I don't need to advertise their dealership.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Blow dryer.....peel it off.......use some rubbing alcohol to get all the residue off
Old 02-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
scutch10 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 1 Comm Sq.
scutch10's Tacoma Gallery
Goo Gone then Fishing Line behind the badge (my dealership had a badge on it).
Old 02-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scutch10 View Post
Goo Gone then Fishing Line behind the badge (my dealership had a badge on it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchaka View Post
Yep, fishing line or floss.
he's stating a sticker....not a badge.

but like stated before, blowdryer and peel....or go to advanced auto etc and pick up the sticker adhiesive removal thats in a can like wd-40 and it'll take em off easy. also used for removing the trd stickers and residue
Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
Blow dryer.....peel it off.......use some rubbing alcohol to get all the residue off
+1 i put trd sticks on my last taco and one went on crooked so i did this and worked like a charm
Old 02-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
That was the first thing I did to my truck as soon as I pulled it into my garage for the first time. I just used my fingernails to peal the lettering off and some dish soap and a wash cloth to get what little residue there was left.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
safest thing, WD-40.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:20 AM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
^^^I cant stop looking!^^^

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Wait, what's going on again.

Hummina Hummina Hummina...
Old 02-20-2009, 05:39 AM   #12
Mustang Paul will become famous soon enoughMustang Paul will become famous soon enough

Really? WD-40? Just soak the decal and let it do it's magic?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #13
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Paul View Post
Really? WD-40? Just soak the decal and let it do it's magic?
No.First peal off the sticker. Then use the WD-40 to get the sticker residue.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Blow dryer and goo gone work like a charm for me!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #15
FIIGMO
dogsmember is on a distinguished road

Navy: Canadian Navy Petty Officer 1st Class
dogsmember's Tacoma Gallery
Do like I did took it back to the dealership and asked them to take it off. They had it stenciled on the front bumper to. No problem they even washed it for me
Old 02-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Lesson learned. Remember that the next time you buy new.

Regardless of all the stuff you deal with when you are in working a new deal, make it clear repeatedly, no dealer stickers on the paint. That is rude as hell of them to even assume that stuff is ok over the painted surfaces.

At least the licence plate frames are easily removed.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #17

Came off really easily with the dryer. Peeled it off, cleaned the residue with WD40. Cleaned that off and topped off with a coat of wax. Easy as pie and you can't even tell it was there! Thanks to everyone for the help!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #18
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
i looked real close at my dealer sticket today...
it was freakin electrical tape...
I peeled it off no blow dryer
just peeled it off and a little goo gone to clean up the parts where i started the peel
Old 02-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #19
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Lesson learned. Remember that the next time you buy new.

Regardless of all the stuff you deal with when you are in working a new deal, make it clear repeatedly, no dealer stickers on the paint. That is rude as hell of them to even assume that stuff is ok over the painted surfaces.

At least the licence plate frames are easily removed.
lol
Ok Heres the deal JERK.
Ima give you 22k dollars for that truck out their...
BUT I DONT WANT YOUR NAME ON IT ANYWHERE!
You hear me.
You people make me sick...
And I don't want your name on my license plate either! Take that off!
Don't look at me crazy! Ill burn this mofo to the ground.
I SWEAR TO GOD!!!