LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

If not off roading what gives the best ride?

Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Bigcat2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
Bigcat2's Tacoma Gallery
If not off roading what gives the best ride?

Is the bilstien upgrade basically good for off roading or does it give a better ride on streets as well? Or would most people not be able to tell the difference between the two?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
Bigcat2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
What bilstein upgrade are you talking about?
The one that comes on all TRD models. But not on the TSS models.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
are you talking about the factory yellow billies vs the black toyota shocks?

If that is the case then neither.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post

^this. Get yourself some upgraded shocks quick. Although I did have a sales guy at a toyota dealer tell me that stock tacoma TRD's can run Baja...
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery

Back to OP's question, what shocks give the best ride IF NOT OFFROADING?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post

Well, shit. What are the yellow ones good for, then? I've put those things through(reasonable) hell and they're doing just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post

Back to OP's question, what shocks give the best ride IF NOT OFFROADING?
One does not simply...not offroad =l
Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 5100s all-around and they definitely improved my ride on-road and off.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
One tip that I can give you.....if you want a comfortable ride, stay away from Load Range E tires.

They will beat you to death.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
Bigcat2's Tacoma Gallery
When off roading I don't look for comfort. Thats why I'm asking.

And I may have found the truck I want in 4x4 but it's a TSS and not the TRD.