Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lets see those Toolboxes in 2nd Gen's with 6.5 Foot Bed!

Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Outdoorsman
Jere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to all

Jere's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious to even see a Tacoma with a 6.5 Foot Bed. Never saw one before.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. Let me find some pics of mine.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere View Post
I'm curious to even see a Tacoma with a 6.5 Foot Bed. Never saw one before.
^ this.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
Subbed. Let me find some pics of mine.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I am looking for a Toolbox for my 2nd Gen with a 6.5 Foot Bed. I'd like to see what my fellow Tacoma World members have!

Personallym, I would prefer one that is under the bed rails and takes advantage of the 55 inch width-BUT beggers can't be choosers.

Show me what yours looks like! Thanks
6' bed

I bought a lowes box for $99... been good to me over the years.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
6 1/2' Anti-bob?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
6 1/2' Anti-bob?
Being anti-Bob will get you banned.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #10
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
Ok, 6' bed
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #11
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery

More in my gallery...
Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
SFtacoma is on a distinguished road
SFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
SFtacoma is on a distinguished road
SFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
horrible pic but it's a weatherguard
Old 05-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #14
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery

Kobalt that I picked up at Lowes. It's the slim version. Works for what I need it for.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you with the Lowes/Kobalt box, how is the quality? I've been keeping an eye on them at work waiting for them to go on sale (normally $150, or $99 on black friday) or for us to get a damaged one back...
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #16
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFtacoma View Post
horrible pic but it's a weatherguard
The best of the best............ I bought a lowes special 1 day....it lasted a couple hrs on the truck before I realized it can't hold any weight inside without the metal fatiguing/popping/deforming.......then the pos wouldn't lock due to the low end locks/internal rods/levers.

Next day I bought a weatherguard.....chris4x4 made my idea come to life when he installed the center rail from the truckbed onto the toolbox in the recess it had.....worked flawlessly.

Box never fatigued/popped/flexed 1 bit.....no tinny sound to it, and I stood on it to wash the rain gutters on the house....I was between 230 and 250 at the time.....the top never flexed.

Honestly the best toolbox I've ever seen.

When u find out they are made by knaak, it makes sense.......and an 85lb ALUMINUM bed box was quite impressive compared to the lower end boxes.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post

Kobalt that I picked up at Lowes. It's the slim version. Works for what I need it for.
sick truck! Looks great, off topic but what are your lift/tire/wheel specs?

And just to keep the peace... Nice toolbox!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #18
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
For those of you with the Lowes/Kobalt box, how is the quality? I've been keeping an eye on them at work waiting for them to go on sale (normally $150, or $99 on black friday) or for us to get a damaged one back...
I bought the lowes slimline low pro toolbox and noticed the welds were effed up as soon as I got to the truck. That's as far as my experience with that went.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #19
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Well for what I use it for it's fine. I don't keep much in it as of now. Jumper cables and my softball bag. It is definitely no UWS or Weatherguard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
sick truck! Looks great, off topic but what are your lift/tire/wheel specs?

And just to keep the peace... Nice toolbox!
Thanks man

Well I just have a spacer in the front and a AAL in the rear, I plan on getting rid of the spacer real soon. my tires on 285/65R18
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 AM   #20
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
ive been very pleased with my black, low pro uws box. (pics in build thread)