Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Beach Tire Pressure

Old 05-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #21
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
If I lower my pressure to 20psi your truck will still be the same height.
Agreed
Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #22
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post

Yes, this is my thread on the difference between 32 psi and 15 psi on wet and dry beach sand: Read it, see the pictures, then ask away!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:57 AM   #23
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clc clc View Post
Off topic a little but should I take my stock mud flaps off when driving on the beach? If you lower your pressure to 20psi how much lower will my truck be?
I would remove them just for good measure. Mine dragged and was bending almost the whole time. You can always put them back on after a good post wash.

And yes, as David K said, 15PSI on dry beach sand. I had to go about 8PSI on ridiculously fine sand.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:00 AM   #24
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
And no, I didn't bust a bead or anything on stock Sport wheels and Dunlops, even after driving through about a mile of washboard terrain.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #25
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clc clc View Post
Off topic a little but should I take my stock mud flaps off when driving on the beach? If you lower your pressure to 20psi how much lower will my truck be?
If you do any true off roading (rocks, ruts, etc.) those stupid designed flaps will snap off on their own! The first gen Tacomas had real rubber flaps and were fine... These second gen flaps are hard plastic and will pop off if you drop into a deep rut or over a big rock... Take them off to save them for resale or to put back on if you don't off road anymore. Since the mud flaps are the only thing on our trucks that say it's a 4WD (4x4), you could add a badge as made for the Tundra or find a trailer hitch 4X4 snap on sign.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #26
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
In the dunes I run 12 up front & 10 in the rear. That's with stock tires.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #27
Romping Member
Ridensurf is on a distinguished road
Ridensurf's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with DelScorcho ^^^^

I mob often in pismo and glamis with stock wheel set up. I go as low as 8 psi because I am 2wd but I would start at 12psi and if you get stuck you can still drop more to get out.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #28
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tico
TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
So i took the taco on the beach this past weekend. she did pretty well until i stopped, and tried to go out of the grooves to back towards the water. yea i got stuck so i got out and lowered my tire pressure from 32ish to 25. idk if it helped or not. anyway thank god i brought my shovel took me about 20 mins to get out. but anyways i have an ome lift kit on the way, and next is to order a set of grabber at2s 285/75s. so hopefully this will help prevent me from getting stuck.