Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Beach Tire Pressure

Old 05-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Last few times on a beach I haven't bothered airing down or using 4wd.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Canufixit is a name known to allCanufixit is a name known to allCanufixit is a name known to allCanufixit is a name known to allCanufixit is a name known to allCanufixit is a name known to all

Army: SP5 Army N Guard  Ret
Name: Hey YOU!
Canufixit's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

What Tires ???

Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
wth is a junior member?
Vigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant future

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go about 20. you should be safe there and not be close to breaking the bead. Al depends on the weight of the vehicle and how soft/packed the sand is. Under 15 mixed with crazy driving can pop the bead off.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
I also agree that around 20 is a fair compromise with stock tires. that's what I usually run off-road. whether sand, snow, rocks, whatevs
Old 05-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
knotty has a spectacular aura aboutknotty has a spectacular aura about
Name: John
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
i dont air down at all ... never had to worry as long as you keep moving and when you come to a stop dont just hammer the gas .. the key is to try and stay on top of the sand !
Old 05-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post
well if thts ur truck in your sig...u have better tires than me...
M/T is no better in sand than a street tire.

20PSI is good. Depends on how packed the sand is and what kind of tires your running.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #9
ANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
ANT2013taco's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't go down more than 5psi at a time, find the perfect setting for where you are. 20psi would definitely be the lowest though.

Do yourself a favor, carry a shovel, tow rope and small compressor.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Low.

If that doesn't work: Lower.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:56 AM   #11
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
With a P-metric tire i dont think it really matters all that much. The side walls are soft enough that the tire sits pretty fat anyhow, compared to a LT tire. I havnt ever had a problem either. But definately agree, folding military shovel, good tow strap, small compressor to inflate if you do air down, good tire guage. Never leave home without them.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Off topic a little but should I take my stock mud flaps off when driving on the beach? If you lower your pressure to 20psi how much lower will my truck be?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clc clc View Post
Off topic a little but should I take my stock mud flaps off when driving on the beach? If you lower your pressure to 20psi how much lower will my truck be?
If I lower my pressure to 20psi your truck will still be the same height.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
ANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Quote:

Not much, but once you start running into ruts you will be a bit lower, depending on the rut itself. Not much different than running in mud, different consistency though.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
so would it be a good idea to remove em? I plan on driving assateague this fall and don't want to rip my flaps off.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #17

Coast Guard:
It wouldn't hurt to, it's really driver preference. If you go into deep ruts then its a good idea to remove them while you are off road.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #18
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Another off topic question. Besides power washing the undercarriage and frame anything else I should do after beach driving? I live in Pa so its not like my truck is salt free.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #19

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Another off topic question. Besides power washing the undercarriage and frame anything else I should do after beach driving? I live in Pa so its not like my truck is salt free.

Buy some Salt Away, it works well.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ifference.html