Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

First Generation vs. Second Generation

Old 02-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #21
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I'll leave now.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #22
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
I had a '99 PreRunner that was solid as a rock.No rattle or creaks.Probably built better.
Rattle and creak wise,the '09 was built in Mexico and is the same way early in the game.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #23
txusa03 is on a distinguished road
txusa03's Tacoma Gallery
my vote ---> 3rd gen
Old 02-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #24
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
what i was thinking when i said datsun
Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #25
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
I wish the first gens had foglights.
That was an easy fix, here is what I did.

I loved my '05, and love my '06. Still plenty to do to the '06, but I can say I miss my '03.

I liked it's smaller nimble size, and when I bolted on the Supercharger it was a blast to drive. People were so un-suspecting.....

Marc M
Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #26
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
For me, 1st gen is too small which is why I never bought one.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #27
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i have had an 06..................and now i have an 04..................and although the 06 has some kickass features that my 04 doesnt, i still like the first gens better.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #28
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^Honestly, I'm in "pay off debt" mode now, but when I'm done I want a 1st gen for a "fun" truck.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
^Honestly, I'm in "pay off debt" mode now, but when I'm done I want a 1st gen for a "fun" truck.
i hear that man. yeah.....there is lots you can do to a second gen truck, but the first gens are super capable, the 4x4 is awesome, and there are mods galore for them.........and the trucks are a bit smaller, so trails can be rode a little easier i think.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #30
Bs 02 Taco will become famous soon enough

Bs 02 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen!!!
It may be small but still has a 6 ft. bed
Plus all the girlies love it
Old 02-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #31
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Winner:

Seriously both are good, the first gen taco's and the current gen tundra... er tacomas.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #32
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
i have to say first gen.. i love my truck.. but the 2nd gen trucks are very good looking trucks and i think they are just as capable as the first
Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #33
GA1044 is on a distinguished road
GA1044's Tacoma Gallery
i have driven both own 02 friend gots an 06 pre, I would take mine anytime, just the simple fact mine is 4x4 and still get better MPG, cannot deny MPG, somewhat biased.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #34
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Winner:

Seriously both are good, the first gen taco's and the current gen tundra... er tacomas.
x2
Old 02-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #35
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Winner:

so thats where my Chevy Luv went...........it was my first truck at 16.......
here is what it looked like new..........

on topic.....the first gens look the best imo........
Old 02-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #36
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thats not a chevy luv
its a toyota hilux
Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #37
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Although I would be happy to own any generation Tacoma. My heart belongs to the 1st generation.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #38
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
thats not a chevy luv
its a toyota hilux
my bad............brought back some luving memories there for a minute.....
Old 02-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #39
hulzenga is on a distinguished road
hulzenga's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to say second gen.... even though i am a VERY proud owner of a first gen. I suppose its all in what you want, if your goal is offroading all the time and moding the living life out of the truck than i'd say first gens, lots more stuff out there for them to make it everything that you want it to be. Not to say that the second gens can't do the same, its just cheaper and easier to do on a first gen IMO. but if you want a nice DD with some wicked off road abilities, and stock 240+ hp with lots of room for more, than go second gen... they are both amazing trucks, both look amazing, and both will be in my drive way one day soon...
Old 02-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
my bad............brought back some luving memories there for a minute.....
its all good homie
they do kinda look alike