Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got a ticket :(

Old 02-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #21
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Guilty -- shouldn't have done the donut...
x2
Old 02-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #22
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I thought cops liked donuts.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #23
boxxed is on a distinguished road
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsurfer1990 View Post
The other weekend i got a ticket at Fiesta Island down in San Diego. I was having a bonfire with my girlfriend then we were packing up and i decided to do a little donut in the sand before we left. I only did about half of a donut in the sand then i left. 30 seconds later a cop pulls me over and said i was offroading and thinks thats what i went there for. I have traffic court in march. should i plead guilty or not guilty?

I have not always had a good driving record. However, I have received a few and when I go to court and the judge ask's how I plead I say guilty with explaination. They will usually as to explain what happened, so I do but the then I go on to say that I have worked very hard at keeping my driving record and I would really like to keep it that way. It ends up getting deferred.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #24
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
According to wikipedia -
Types of recreational off-roading

Recreational off-roading is popular among a sub-section of the owners of four wheel drive or all-terrain vehicles and motorcycles. There are numerous categories of off-roading, with something suitable for all levels of experience and equipment.[citation needed]
Some of the major categories of recreational off-roading are listed below.

[edit] Dune bashing

Ford Bronco dune bashing

Main article: Dune bashing
Dune bashing involves driving over sand dunes, frequently associated with tourism in the Middle-East. There are also many state parks in the United States that allow ORVs to drive on them, including the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan and the Imperial Sand Dunes in California.

[edit] Greenlaning

Ford F-150 Two Tracking

Greenlaning or two-tracking is one of the least extreme categories. It is generally suitable for any four wheel drive vehicle, even with factory tires and equipment. The term greenlane refers to the fact that the routes are predominantly along unpaved tracks, forest tracks, or older roadways that may have fallen into disuse. For a lot of greenlaners, the main emphasis is on enjoying the countryside, and accessing areas that may be seldom traveled by motor vehicles, rather than exploring the performance envelope of their vehicle.
Greenlaning is popular among All Wheel Drive (AWD) SUVs with limited off-road capabilities such as the Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4 which were designed for light duty off-roading.[citation needed]

[edit] Mudding (or mud bogging)

Land Rover Series 3 mud plugging

Mudding involves finding a large area of wet mud or clay and attempting to drive as far through it as possible without becoming stuck. Usually, the stock tires supplied with four by four vehicles are completely inadequate for this type of off-roading, and Mud-terrain tires are required. Strongly attached recovery points are also recommended to enable the vehicle to be towed out if it becomes bogged down. Next to traction, momentum is a big factor in success.
This activity has a competitive form known as Mud bogging.[citation needed]

[edit] Rock crawling

Jeep Rubicon Rock Crawling

Main article: Rock crawling
Rock crawling is a highly technical category of off-roading. Vehicles are typically modified with larger than stock tires, suspension components that allow greater axle articulation, and changes in the differential (mechanics) gear ratio in order to provide the ideal high torque/low speed operation for rock crawling to traverse obstacles. It is quite common for a rock crawler to have a spotter - an assistant who will go on foot alongside or in front of the vehicle to provide information to the driver on obstacles or areas of terrain that the driver may be unable to see.[citation needed]

[edit] Rock racing

Rock Racing is very similar to rock crawling in the fact that the vehicles are driven over rocks, the difference is that there are no penalties for hitting cones, backing up or winching as is done in rock crawling. Rock racing also involves a degree of high-speed racing not seen in typical rock crawling.[citation needed]

[edit] Formula off-road

Formula off-road

Formula off-road is a high powered version of off-road competition. Vehicles are highly modified or specially built using sand drag tires and long travel suspension components that allow jumps and rough handling and long axle articulation, and a secure roll cage for the driver.[citation needed] Formula off-road cars often use highly tuned V8:s with superchargers & nitrous oxide injection systems. High torque/high speed operation is needed for Formula off-road tracks. Formula off-road originated in Iceland and has since spread to the other Nordic countries. Competitions are often held in sand and gravel quarries where courses are laid out up near vertical pit faces. The vehicles utilize paddle-like tread of sand drag racing tires.[citation needed]

[edit] Trials

Trials are probably the safest form of motorsport.[citation needed] All progress is made at low speed, and the emphasis is on skill rather than finishing first. However, trialing can be highly competitive. There are three traditional forms of off-road trialing.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #25
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think donut falls under dune blasting
Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #27
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Lying is lying. You did a donut, you got caught, now pay the fine and be done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
That was a lot of reading i didnt do.
The ignore function is a great forum feature. Now I remember why I use it.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #29
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Really you would lose, did the cop actually see you do it and cops there do know tht people offroad there alot. I told you i use to do it alot before i knew it was illegal but i was just eat it dont wanna BS your way out unless your good.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #30
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks pal for teaching me about it - i'll make sure and put it to use right now.
Yeah but you'll miss all the "Look at this Tacoma" posts, lol!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #32
Bluridge53 will become famous soon enough

Navy: deck ape
Bluridge53's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The other weekend i got a ticket at Fiesta Island down in San Diego. I was having a bonfire with my girlfriend then we were packing up and i decided to do a little donut in the sand before we left. I only did about half of a donut in the sand then i left. 30 seconds later a cop pulls me over and said i was offroading and thinks thats what i went there for. I have traffic court in march. should i plead guilty or not guilty?
Sounds like some of the cops in San Diego have not changed since I was stationed there in the 70's. They treated guys in the military like real shits. Witnessed plenty of abuse that wasn't justified.

FIGHT IT!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #33
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Aah Wilson, i thought i was blocked!! haha

I didn't block you either.. too much tacoma love.
NO, I meant the long post, not you. I had a feeling that didn't come out right. No, I only block people who feel the need to send nasty PM's. If you can't say it here, I don't want to hear it.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #34
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
NO, I meant the long post, not you. I had a feeling that didn't come out right. No, I only block people who feel the need to send nasty PM's. If you can't say it here, I don't want to hear it.
Oh well now don't we both look silly! Its sort of like, oh how do they say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning at the special olympics - win or loose, you're still a retard"

But i started it:

I'd be the same way with my blocking policys - i've yet to block anyone, but i figure i'd have to really look like a tool to make it happen - I'm pretty damn toolish though.. hm.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #35
Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in
Buzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud of

Buzzoff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been an officer for 14 years. I always recommend people go to court. Here in Houston officers seldom go to court. If the officer no-shows, then it's dismissed. Most of the time the courts are overwhelmed by the # of tickets and the prosecutor is just trying to resolve them without going to trial (since this is timely and they can't possibly go to trial on all of the cases). Reduced fines, dismissal, deferred adjudication, leniency are VERY VERY common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeeagle View Post
Fight it......even if found guilty they might reduce your fine.
Very true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Guilty -- shouldn't have done the donut...
True as well!!! But I am willing to bet if you go to court you won't paying the full fine

Quote:
On the ticket it says . Left Burnout type turn in the sand. Dont you think i could say that i was stuck in a rut or hole or something soo i gassed it ahah
Is losing your integrity by lying worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino 480 View Post
fight..i hate all these dumb ass cops in cali. i was in san diego with my girlfriend over on friars road, theres a VONS over there and i turned left onto a street i wasn't supposed to between 6am-7pm mon-fri, and it was 6:30 on friday so i turned left, then i got pulled over 5 seconds later. and he asked why i turned when there was a sign, and asked why i was driving in that area so i pointed to my fuckin decal, then he gave me a ticket..good times

Stupid cops....don't they teach them in police Academy that 6:30 really means 7PM It's all their fault for making you make that illegal turn
Old 02-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #36
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I'd definitely take it to court for a reduced/drop fine... but ultimately you did do it. It's not a big deal, but still illegal. They make it illegal for dust control and such, not tearing up the land.... I've done a few in the desert myself before realizing it was illegal in the areas I was... Live and learn.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #37
obsurfer1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
obsurfer1990's Tacoma Gallery
efff that im gunna lie haha and turning does help in some situations
Old 02-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #38
Kylie's dad

Quote:
efff that im gunna lie haha and turning does help in some situations
Then we know all we need to know.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #39
obsurfer1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
obsurfer1990's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then we know all we need to know.

whats that supposed to mean?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #40
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The ignore function is a great forum feature. Now I remember why I use it.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for pointing this out. I never knew such a feature existed.

[not using for anyone specifically in this thread, just glad to know it exists in general]