Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got a ticket :(

Old 02-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #41
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
better hope that judge/cop isnt on here!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #42
obsurfer1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
obsurfer1990's Tacoma Gallery
hahah i just dont want it to go on my driving record... the cop said he could have written me up for reckless driving but he didnt which was good
Old 02-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #44
ZERO COOL TACO is on a distinguished road
ZERO COOL TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Advice for the guilty

your best bet is to get to court as soon as the doors open with a copy of your driving record if its clean. sit towards the front of the court room and they will give you an oppurtunity to speak to a assistant D.A. ask them for mercy and tell them that yu have learned your lesson.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #45
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
better hope that judge/cop isnt on here!
LOL. I saw you on tacomaworld. GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #46
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesample View Post
this is kinda stupid but i have gotten out of a few tickets at stop signs by saying i was keeping my momentum so i didn't get stuck..might this work for you?

yet i was in a 4x4 jeep cherokee lol silly cops
where the hell are your stop signs that you need to keep momentum to not get stuck at one???
Old 02-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #47
bmd is a glorious beacon of lightbmd is a glorious beacon of lightbmd is a glorious beacon of lightbmd is a glorious beacon of lightbmd is a glorious beacon of lightbmd is a glorious beacon of light
Name: d
bmd's Tacoma Gallery
You should contemplate the act on the Tree of Woe.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:02 AM   #49
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsurfer1990 View Post
On the ticket it says . Left Burnout type turn in the sand. Dont you think i could say that i was stuck in a rut or hole or something soo i gassed it ahah
Is there a statute listed or a specific traffic crime listed? Or is there is actually a traffic law stating burnout type turning in sand is illegal? I'm just wondering what the actual crime as stated in the traffic law is, that would help give you better info on what defense would get it dropped or lowered. We don't have anything similar to that here.
What is the fine amount?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:17 AM   #50
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsurfer1990 View Post
hahah i just dont want it to go on my driving record... the cop said he could have written me up for reckless driving but he didnt which was good

I could see reckless driving if you were doing broadies in someones neighboorhood...but in an area on an empty beach? come on...fucking ridiculous.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:36 AM   #51
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
I could see reckless driving if you were doing broadies in someones neighboorhood...but in an area on an empty beach? come on...fucking ridiculous.
From the Cali DMV website....
Reckless Driving

23103. (a) A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
(b) A person who drives a vehicle in an offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
(c) Persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104 or 23105.

Amended Sec. 19, Ch. 739, Stats. 2001. Effective January 1, 2002.
Amended Sec. 16, Ch. 682, Stats. 2007. Effective January 1, 2008.

A...you weren't on a highway
B...you'd have to check the defination of parking facility...I don't know what the location you were is actually designed as..
C..fine between $145-$1000 thats a big range..

But I doubt you could actually be charged with Reckless Driving based on your senario...that is why I ask what the actually charge is, some cops write cites for crimes that don't actually fit the statute/law and most people don't ever check or can't interpret the law correctly. (note:I'm not cop bashing, I spent some time on the pd ).

But I can't find anything here either http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd11c12a1.htm
Old 02-21-2009, 04:38 AM   #52
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
From the Cali DMV website....
Reckless Driving

23103. (a) A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
(b) A person who drives a vehicle in an offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
(c) Persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104 or 23105.

Amended Sec. 19, Ch. 739, Stats. 2001. Effective January 1, 2002.
Amended Sec. 16, Ch. 682, Stats. 2007. Effective January 1, 2008.

A...you weren't on a highway
B...you'd have to check the defination of parking facility...I don't know what the location you were is actually designed as..
C..fine between $145-$1000 thats a big range..

But I doubt you could actually be charged with Reckless Driving based on your senario...that is why I ask what the actually charge is, some cops write cites for crimes that don't actually fit the statute/law and most people don't ever check or can't interpret the law correctly. (note:I'm not cop bashing, I spent some time on the pd ).

Kristin you are on fire this morning! + rep.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
Kristin you are on fire this morning! + rep.
Don't tell my boss..just slow at work and law happens to be an old past time of mine, I've been told I'm very resourceful.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:55 AM   #54
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
I've been told I'm very resourceful.

in that case - if I ever get stranded on a desert island, you'll be the first one on the top of my list I'd like to have around.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #55
santacruzer is on a distinguished road

santacruzer's Tacoma Gallery
Asking the question, "should I plead guilty or not guilty" on a forum of this nature is immaterial...none of us was there. You're just getting reactionary opinion based on what you've told us, and how we each individually feel about cops and laws. Only you know whether you were pushing the envelope when the event happened.

I think taking the high road in life is always the best solution, even if it means a spot on your driving record. You may not think what you did was wrong, but apparently a cop did. You've all but admitted it here in front of hundreds, maybe thousands of people, but you'd be willing to alter the facts in court, after swearing to tell the truth, to save a few bucks and your presumably spotless driving record?

Too many people lately seem perfectly capable of lying their way through life to gain advantage. Politicians in Chicago, members of Congress, and certain high profile folks in the investment industry come to immediate mind, but the principles apply equally.

Plead what your conscience tells you is right.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #56
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^WOW, are you like my long lost brother or something? Good post.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #57
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Remember that there are signs posted on Fiesta Island that say "Off-Road Activity Prohibited" (or at least something to that extent). I would have said to take a pic of the sand where you did the dirty deed the moment you got a ticket, but that's a little too late. It never hurts to try to fight it and say exactly what happened and that it's an interpretation of "he said, she said" sort of thing. Tell the judge your intent and the reason why you were there to begin with. Keep in mind, you'll probably be asked how you plead first with no chance to explain. My suggestion to you is to investigate the proceeding before your date to appear occurs. Or you can "live and let go" and pay the fine. All I know is that the situation sucks! Sorry bro.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #58
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Great..............
Old 02-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #60
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ticketassassin.com/