1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bumper Opinions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by longbow, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Need some opinions here, my taco is an 05 with 30,800 +/- miles on it. I am not planning on selling it in the future, because for one it is payed for, and I have other mods I want to do...:D

I have an All-Pro bumper on the way, but am trying to figure out what to do with the old bumper/skids/fogs. Should I sell them and make some cash, or put them in storage (I have a place to store them).
    What do you all think??

2. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    See if you can fit the fogs in the new bumper. Sell/scrap the rest.

3. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    store them... I always said I wasn't gonna get rid of my truck and look at me now... I want to get rid of it for another Tacoma... Now I'm scrambling to find stock parts... :laugh:

4. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    SilverSeven

SilverSeven Rock Solid Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    6" 35s mud and scratched to shit
    i rerouted my stock fog harness and put them behind the grill

5. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Mine is sitting behind a door in my tiny apartment. I'm planning on keeping it, at least for a little while...

6. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    GREAT...now if I go to sell them, someone is gonna say,"well silverback gave his away....free" :D

You just gave me one heck of an idea/mod....:wink:

7. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Pick your brain a little.........
    To lazy (for now) to look......
    What would you say the gauge of the fog wire is?
    how much wire was their to re-route?
    can 4'-6' of wire be added and have little of no effect on current draw?

8. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:47 AM
    SilverSeven

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    i added about 15" of wire.. not sure on the exact guage.

help me out here, why would adding more wire increase the amount of power drawn?

I just cut the wire before the harness.. added in length and used L brackets to mount the lights with existing holes and voila!

9. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Maybe I am thinking old school, now I am no wire guru. But I was under the impression the longer the wire the more drain there would be. Now I may be off in left field here....:crazy:

So I take it you added your old fogs to your bumper, if so crap should of asked sooner since I have Piaa's on the way also.

10. Feb 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    SilverSeven

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    piaa 510s are in my bumper slots.. the stocks are behind the grill.

haha im no wire guru either, so you COULD be right, I will say that I am not experienceing any issues with my method, and it is CERTAINLY not the cleanest :D

11. Feb 20, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    :headbang: It's all good........:cheers:

12. Feb 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Keep 'em. Just incase you do decide to sell/trade your Taco someday you can either swap the AllPro onto your new rig or sell it seperately. It will be worth more "sold seperately" than it will on your truck. I guess that if storage of the stock stuff is an issue get rid of it, otherwise keep it.

In the past, when I buy a used vehicle I RUN away from lifted/customised rigs just because alot of the time it means the previous owner wheeled it and who knows what kind of abuse that vehic has been subjected to. Plus you can get more for your aftemarket stuff sold seperately. Granted, not all buyers think like me, but that's my 2cents.

13. Feb 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    I still have my stock bumper setin behind the house, The stock skid was paper thin so it wasnt worth selling so I trashed that and I sold the stock fogs a good wile ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top