Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Because Baja!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #41
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 05-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #42
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
maybe they will come out with an icon edition taco and then we can give everyone hell for having OEM shocks
-10 points for failing to capitalize ICON
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #43
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Scorcho View Post
If you don't like the set up or think is a bad deal. DON'T BUY IT!

I didn't.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #44
mynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
What, pray tell, is the risk?
Spending $1500 on suspension that everyone knocks? Kudos if that's chump change to you daddy warbucks.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #45
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistory View Post
Spending $1500 on suspension that everyone knocks? Kudos if that's chump change to you daddy warbucks.
Spending any amount of money on OEM equipment that is sold on dealer floors is hardly risky.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #46
mynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
But if "every other aftermarket suspension kit is better" for the money, this is kind of a leap.

I'll agree when you say that OEM parts impose the least amount of risk when it comes to fitment, finish, and performance. That's the appeal of the Baja kit to me.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #47

Misquote. I think you can get much more suspension, in every metric, for the same money.

But perhaps the OP wants unique points. His money, his call. I just web wheel here.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #48
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the way I look at it Brandon. If you are happy with it that is all that matters. It looks damn good on your truck and if the performance that you get out of it is what you wanted then you got a good deal. Don't let anyone shit on your parade.

Money to me is relative. I have spent way too much on my truck to even begin counting (my wife would be PISSED if she really knew lol). I have a set of aftermarket headlights sitting in my office floor right now because I decided to do a BHLM instead. They were installed on my truck 2 hours (just 2 fucking hours lol). Money wasted on my part but it pushed me to do the BHLM that I otherwise wouldn't have done. Now I guess I just need to sell the others .

Could you have spent less money and got similar or better performance? Probably but so what? At least with the TRD equipment you shouldn't have any worries and it "should" be factory covered. Add to that it is "factory" bolt on performance. Those two things in themselves would justify the cost for me. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers Gents!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #49
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Here's the way I look at it Brandon. If you are happy with it that is all that matters. It looks damn good on your truck and if the performance that you get out of it is what you wanted then you got a good deal. Don't let anyone shit on your parade.

Money to me is relative. I have spent way too much on my truck to even begin counting (my wife would be PISSED if she really knew lol). I have a set of aftermarket headlights sitting in my office floor right now because I decided to do a BHLM instead. They were installed on my truck 2 hours (just 2 fucking hours lol). Money wasted on my part but it pushed me to do the BHLM that I otherwise wouldn't have done. Now I guess I just need to sell the others .

Could you have spent less money and got similar or better performance? Probably but so what? At least with the TRD equipment you shouldn't have any worries and it "should" be factory covered. Add to that it is "factory" bolt on performance. Those two things in themselves would justify the cost for me. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers Gents!
Thanks.

I'm really not sure why the word "Baja" brings out so many haters here. There are many suspension packages that cost close to the same $, but deliver less in performance.

It doesn't bother me because I got exactly what I wanted: no vsc issues, no spacers, no drop brackets, no pinion angle issues, no vibes, no leaks, no squeaks, no alignment issues, no extra stiff suspension, etc..... Just a good all around suspension with no problems to deal with.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #50
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
Thanks.

It doesn't bother me because I got exactly what I wanted: no vsc issues, no spacers, no drop brackets, no pinion angle issues, no vibes, no leaks, no squeaks, no alignment issues, no extra stiff suspension, etc..... Just a good all around suspension with no problems to deal with.
Exactly why "I" think you got a good deal. If you are happy that is all that matters.

My mother used to be Co-Owner of a Chrysler dealership. I used to get people ask me all the time "did I get a good deal?" My answer to them was always "were you happy at the time of the sale and was the salesman happy?" If the answer to that question was yes then no matter the price they got a good deal.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #51
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's funny that everybody gets worked up when somebody has a different opinion on the lift in question

This is a discussion forum afterall
Old 05-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #52
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Fucking Baja shit sucks!!!!!! Thanks for posting the vid Leo. OP you're gonna be very happy with that setup. I'm still amazed wat I can d itch my truck, and its stock!!! Haters gonna hate!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I think it's funny that everybody gets worked up when somebody has a different opinion on the lift in question

Yeah... you would have thought the goddamn world was coming to an end when I cut my exhaust off at the downturn over the axle. Here
Old 05-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #54
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah... you would have thought the goddamn world was coming to an end when I cut my exhaust off at the downturn over the axle. Here
Oh , no , that's different , that was stupid
Old 05-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #55

Quote:
Oh , no , that's different , that was stupid

Lol... So I was told (numerous times)

Oh... off the subject but thanks for the heads up on the 303. That shit is awesome!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #56

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Oh... off the subject but thanks for the heads up on the 303. That shit is awesome!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #57
Third Shift
ThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
ThatguyJZ's Tacoma Gallery
I like it! Good pickup OP and thanks for the info. Now that it seems dealers are making this kit available to owners without any huge ordeals I'm much more inclined to purchase a regular TRD OR truck and do the swap myself to get the slight lift and more robust shock setup, as opposed to shelling out an additional $4-5k on a Baja. Money like that can go towards a S/C or other mods.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #58
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Reported
Old 05-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #59
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

lol i just just added my exhaust set up to that thread lol go check it lol
Old 05-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #60
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
To the op I think its a good route you went with. Please post pics. That link with the dealership is by me I am thinking of going the same route.